hulika

Author Topic: need help, headphone concerns  (Read 955 times)

Offline anubisdeathgod

• Philmusicus Noobitus
need help, headphone concerns
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »
gud day, i am need need of assistance. i want to buy a very good sounding set of headphones but with a reasonable price. my friends suggest sennheiser, but i dont know wat exact model to buy & where to buy it. . . . tnx. . .

Offline curlicue

Re: need help, headphone concerns
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
Try registering @ HeadPhiles and ask there.

It's a local community of audiophiles specializing in headphones and everything related to it.

Sennheiser is a good brand; but before people can actually suggest specific models, you'll have to answer these:

1) What's your budget?
2) What will you be using your headphones for?

These are important things to take into consideration ;)
ARGH! >>> An Error Has Occurred! - Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Offline anubisdeathgod

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:07:38 AM »
my budget is 5k & i will be using 'em for editing voice over soundfiles and most of the times soundtripin' lng.

Offline curlicue

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:53:41 PM »
If you're buying locally, you only have a few choices. If you're ordering online, then that's a differently story.

Off the top of my head, maybe 5K can get you a pair of Grado SR80i's already. If not, the cheaper SR60i's are also good. Also consider the Sennheiser PX100 (whether it's the old or new "-ii" version), which should cost around 3K lang. Great value for money for all of these cans.

Take note that these are supraaural headphones (nakapatong lang sa tenga) as opposed to circumaural, which usually have pads that cover the area around whole ear. I don't know what your preference is.

The good Sennheiser models are: HD555, HD595, HD580, HD600 & HD650 --- although I'm not sure if these are available here and within your price range. Research mo nalang :p The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 & Alessandro MS-1 are also good.

I think there's an audio shop in Power Plant (beside CBTL around the cinema area) that sells Grados; medyo mahal nga lang. PX100 could be found easily several years ago, pero wala na ako makita ngayon... but do try.

And really... signing up on headphiles.org could help a lot if you want to put a lot of thought into this. ;)
ARGH! >>> An Error Has Occurred! - Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Offline anubisdeathgod

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 03:34:31 PM »
talamat n marami for the inputs i really appreciate it. . . .