hulika

Author Topic: Snare Drum Lugs - Where to Buy for Yamaha Stage Custom Snare  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Radicon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Snare Drum Lugs - Where to Buy for Yamaha Stage Custom Snare
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:06:52 AM »
Help please. The snare drum lugs of my Yamaha Stage Custom snare are starting to develop cracks! Where do I get replacements? I already inquired with Yupangco and they said these have to be ordered and may take some time (translation: not sure kung makakakuha sila for me! :?). The generic snare drum lugs from JB Music do not fit the Yamaha snare as the spacing needed for the holes is too short.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline daleee

• Veteran Member
Re: Snare Drum Lugs - Where to Buy for Yamaha Stage Custom Snare
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »
Kung hindi ka masyadong OC about finding the same lug for your snare, you can measure out the spacing between the two holes na naiwan nung nasirang lug... Tapos yun nalang yung sabihin mo sa mga music store para makahanap ka ng ibang lug for your snare... May snare lugs din sa lazer... Try mo rin sa lyric baka meron... hope this helps...  :-D

Offline drumachine

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:08:12 AM »
pics could help us a lot! :-D
watch your problem? ;p

Offline Radicon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:57:27 PM »
Thanks for helping out mga pre especially a newbie like me. I'll check out Lazer and Lyric with the spacing measurement as suggested as I don't mind having non-Yamaha lugs on my snare (provided they fit and don't present any sound performance issues).

I'll post the same pics of the damaged lugs that I sent Yupangco soon.

Offline vincher

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:38:28 AM »
are you referring to the Nouveau lugs ng yamaha stage custom? ito yung black. don't change your lugs.it will lower the re-sale value of your drum.sayang din.

Offline Radicon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 03:09:48 AM »
I realize that changing the lugs may lower its resale value. However, the damage to the lugs, I am afraid, may eventually ruin the drum shell itself. So in the meantime, pending the availability of original Yamaha lugs, I plan to replace them with generic lugs so at least I can play the snare.

Here are the pics of the snare lugs. Notice the crack running across the middle of the lug. Four out of the eight lugs have this hairline crack while one is already broken in half leaving only three of them undamaged. These aren't black so unless these  lugs come in a different color, they are probably not Noveau.

Thanks once more for all the help/comments. I was able to call Lazer at ang sabi daw, they have lugs for snares in at least three sizes. I'm checking them out and hoping that at least there is one that fits. In the meantime, if anyone knows other sources for replacement lugs, let me know!

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »
I realize that changing the lugs may lower its resale value. However, the damage to the lugs, I am afraid, may eventually ruin the drum shell itself. So in the meantime, pending the availability of original Yamaha lugs, I plan to replace them with generic lugs so at least I can play the snare.

Here are the pics of the snare lugs. Notice the crack running across the middle of the lug. Four out of the eight lugs have this hairline crack while one is already broken in half leaving only three of them undamaged. These aren't black so unless these  lugs come in a different color, they are probably not Noveau.

Thanks once more for all the help/comments. I was able to call Lazer at ang sabi daw, they have lugs for snares in at least three sizes. I'm checking them out and hoping that at least there is one that fits. In the meantime, if anyone knows other sources for replacement lugs, let me know!

you could try sa lyric or special order online.. marami sa forums nag-cater ng special orders.. :wink:

Offline Radicon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I already called Lyric and they said they rarely stock up on lugs. And if ever meron, these are for DW or PDP kits which won't work for Yamaha kits. I'll check out the forum posts on special orders. If anyone can recommend a tried and true seller, it will save me the time of backreading all the buy and sell posts.

Cheers!

Offline francisnuega

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
i use to buy Lazer lugs...yung magandang quality na...it helps me a lot, i hope yours too...

Offline Radicon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
i use to buy Lazer lugs...yung magandang quality na...it helps me a lot, i hope yours too...

Yup! I dropped by Lazer at Market market today during my lunchbreak. The lugs they had for snares looked like they were of good quality. Unfortunately, none of them fit the holes on my snare. Sayang.

I guess my only hope is to wait for Yupangco to get back to me on my request for original lugs or kung merong umalok ng sirang Yamaha snare na pweded karnehin and mga lugs .