hulika

Author Topic: photography tips, mottos, one liners.  (Read 7468 times)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: photography tips, mottos, one liners.
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »
exactly.  :-)

there's a huge borderline between "expensive/top of the line equipment" and "capable equipment". it just so happened that the capability of a camera body is proportional to it's price. you DO NOT become a better photographer with a very expensive camera. you become a more capable photographer with a very expensive camera.

I agree!

Offline daphnerakstar

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
check out this photo (shot by one of our forumites and a good friend, daphne)

a Canon 5D MarkII was used on this shot and the ISO value was pushed up to 6400, yet it barely showed any grain on the photo. I am very sure that neither my Nikon D40x nor your Canon 300D can do that. you know why? because the native ISO of the D40x or the 300D is only up to 1600. pag dating sa night photography or high-action shots, wala na tayong binatbat jan. we'd get grain, blur or underexposure.

try shooting F1 racing or a boxing match and you'd get what i mean. or better yet, try shooting a gary v., bamboo or chicosci concert at night without using flash.  :-D

i agree with sir arpee. :) in terms of photo quality saka sa grain, ang laki ng improvement ng work ko from 30D dati to 5DMKII ngayon.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 12:46:45 AM »
i think we can all agree that the more expensive the equipment is (be it a camera, a video camera, or a guitar hehe) the more luxurious it becomes hence the more comfort and convenience it gives, not to mention quality.

sure, who wouldn't mind having topnotch gear?

however, i find that the level of satisfaction i get from achieving A LOT from a cheaper alternative is higher than when i achieve WHAT I EXPECT from an expensive one. the former may not be at par with the latter, but who's comparing anyway?

the bottom line could be: you have a camera. whatever model that may be, PUSH IT to its limits, and then try to overcome those limits by creative means. all is Art at the end of the day, anyway. :)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 04:57:40 AM »
i think we can all agree that the more expensive the equipment is (be it a camera, a video camera, or a guitar hehe) the more luxurious it becomes hence the more comfort and convenience it gives, not to mention quality.

sure, who wouldn't mind having topnotch gear?

however, i find that the level of satisfaction i get from achieving A LOT from a cheaper alternative is higher than when i achieve WHAT I EXPECT from an expensive one. the former may not be at par with the latter, but who's comparing anyway?

the bottom line could be: you have a camera. whatever model that may be, PUSH IT to its limits, and then try to overcome those limits by creative means. all is Art at the end of the day, anyway. :)

Its different with guitars.
No matter how expensive or beautiful or top-notch the workmanship is, you still gonna pluck the strings.

There really is no auto Pluck or auto Cool Shred in guitar.

With the camera.....Auto Focus has pampered us to just push the button.

The more high tech the more easier......thats just me typing this at 5 AM :lol:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:59:01 AM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline proud07christian

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
photograph tip?

try inverting your lens to make it into a "macro lens". Basta dapat FULL MANUAL yung camera, shutter speed lang ang puwede mong galawin. to focus, you have to move back and forth. Oh yea. I always use this. :)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »
photograph tip?

try inverting your lens to make it into a "macro lens". Basta dapat FULL MANUAL yung camera, shutter speed lang ang puwede mong galawin. to focus, you have to move back and forth. Oh yea. I always use this. :)

Is this really advisable? A lot of my friends told me not to do this.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:43 AM »
@pallas, matagal ko nang iniisip na ipasok yung gitara as an analogy sa thread na to, pero tama ka - iba kapag gitara.  si oasgomez kaya into photography din? :-D

@badong. tama. if you're satisfied with your gear, then more expensive equipment would definitely not matter at all. if you find that you are less capable with your equipment, then you are not satisfied. thus, you upgrade and find one that SATISFIES yur need.

@daphnerakstar, hindi na ako nakapagpaalam sayo maam na ginamit ko yung photo mo.  :-D
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline daphnerakstar

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
@pallas, matagal ko nang iniisip na ipasok yung gitara as an analogy sa thread na to, pero tama ka - iba kapag gitara.
+1  :-)

@daphnerakstar, hindi na ako nakapagpaalam sayo maam na ginamit ko yung photo mo.  :-D

no biggie sir rp  :-P

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »

same question here.

Offline proud07christian

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »

same question here.

really advisable? it's technique. So far, no problems aside from the fact that i get my lens and camera dirty(sometimes :lol:) I clean it afterwards naman. Try it out. just be carefull. bakamatamaan yung sensor.