hulika

Author Topic: Q: What do you do to a battered but great sounding underrated DOD fx pedal?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline nineworkz

• Veteran Member
A: you SZ MOD it!  :-D

for years my DOD FX75-B has been my main flanger! great sound, more analogy
and better in comparison to the standard Boss BF-2 Flanger (in my opinion, and to
others who have tried and tested the unit), I did purchased an old school Japan BF-2
just to upgrade/replace my DOD but man i tested/compared A/B'd it side by side, from
super swoosh and rotary sounds (which i love) to standard jet swooshing, the DOD
beats the Boss by miles! (hehehe)

maybe i'll put up a demo of this soon on youtube!

so my BF-2 was personally modded just to do noisez (theramin like noises), and my DOD
Flanger's my main flange weapon...although as you all know old DOD's have these really
cheap (feels cheap and clumsy) switch mechanism, yep for standard stomping it wont be a
problem but for me (if you ever seen me playing live, i pretty much abuse stomping on my
pedals! lol) and years of using this things the switch gets battered!, there were times that
i stomp it on, and it just wont turn off! unless I stomped it pretty hard again!

so it was about time i send it to Neil (Subzero FX) to do some mods!!!

* replaced the in and outs jacks
* resoldered "vintage" contacts
* super misty cool Blue LED!
* True bypass heavy duty switch!
___

i'm overwhelmed! after i got it i literally looked like a kid who just got a big candy hahaha!!!

really I got to see how Neil, manipulated and adjusted wires/pots thingies inside and
chisseled out some things just to put the metal switch inside! and when i tested it!
its still the same flange sound i loved!!!  :evil: great job Subzero FX!!!

PS: the unit for many months, ive put a sticker that says "GENTLE" just to warn myself to
stomp it lightly when playing gigs, pero man minsan i still stomp it pretty hard lol...

nowi'll never have to worry about that ever!!!

Rock On!

oh and yeah some pics!!!

Offline BenjieMusic

• Philmusicus Addictus
ayus. mukhang hindi naman battered ah?  :-)

Like Us On Facebook! "Buttercircus Project"  facebook.com/buttercircusproject

Offline nineworkz

• Veteran Member
ayus. mukhang hindi naman battered ah?  :-)

thanks! yep ung paint finish ng US Made DOD's eh mas longer lasting than
the paint job than by say, Boss which will really look relicd overtime...

yeah in the pic and in person, it doesnt really looked battered, pero the way
i've used, stomped, abused it over the years, maawa ka sa pedal! lol

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
ooh yeah..nicey...ready for battle again..

ive seen how this pedal was abused..hindi man batterd looking pero yung switch nyan halos wasak na..

great pix jam..nice story din..hehe

DOD true bypass anyone???..
contact: 0905 5546913; ym: neil_squadron81<br />subzeroefx.multiply.com;neil_squadron08@yahoo.com<br />FS/FT :  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,137191.0.html

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
and oh yeah..this flanger sure beats boss BF-2, or atleast for me..
if had the chance to trade my boss hi band flanger,wont think twice
contact: 0905 5546913; ym: neil_squadron81<br />subzeroefx.multiply.com;neil_squadron08@yahoo.com<br />FS/FT :  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,137191.0.html

Offline boncram

• Forum Fanatic
ayos yan ah, pang ice breaker ng mga pedals at gas hehe. cool yan dude. ipost mo nga yung comparisön sa youtube ng makita namin thanks!