hulika

Author Topic: Line 6 TonePort UX1 USB Recording/Modeling Interface  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Line 6 TonePort UX1 USB Recording/Modeling Interface
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:06:58 AM »
hey guys, i just bought a Line 6 TonePort UX1 USB interface. naiinggit na kasi ako sa mga iba dito na nagjajam over BTs e, di ako makasali hehehe sawa na kasi akong ka-jam ang RhythmTrak ko :) are there any other TonePort users here? i'm a newbie in guitar-to-PC recording kasi e; i'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, setup tricks or recommendations. thanks! :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:15:05 AM »
Congrats! I'm not sure how applicable yung learnings ko sa XTL pero just ask away any specific question.  I'll try to help any way I can.  

Just don't expect it to sound EXACTLY like a boutique amp. ;-)

But, darn, on record it gets close enough for you to focus on making music.  Enjoy!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:22:53 AM »
thanks man! ok for starters, is the bundled software program (Ableton Live Lite) ok na for recording my own tracks? i have a friend who has been telling me to try Cool Edit but yun nga, ang experience ko lang sa recording is via Microsoft Sound Recorder and 1/4" to 1/8" microphone cable na puro noise hehe.. i want a program that isn't that hard to use but is dynamic and can record well. mahirap ang buhay engineer e, kaunti na nga ang practice time ko, tapos mababawasan pa lalo sa learning time sa recording :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:32:54 AM »
Quote from: Poundcake
thanks man! ok for starters, is the bundled software program (Ableton Live Lite) ok na for recording my own tracks? i have a friend who has been telling me to try Cool Edit but yun nga, ang experience ko lang sa recording is via Microsoft Sound Recorder and 1/4" to 1/8" microphone cable na puro noise hehe.. i want a program that isn't that hard to use but is dynamic and can record well. mahirap ang buhay engineer e, kaunti na nga ang practice time ko, tapos mababawasan pa lalo sa learning time sa recording :)

perhaps someone can chip in re Ableton as i haven't tried them pero suggestion ko dun ka na mag-aral sa medyo mainstream product like Cool Edit or Cakewalk, which is what i am learning on now.  madali lang naman siya (one pass thru the tutorial and i was already recording) and at least you know you can do a lot (dynamic). it also  records well and interfaces w/ a lot of apps.  pero i need to get Fruity Loops also to get drum tracks down.  seems easy enough, judging from the descriptions and testimonials.

once you get going, you'll be focusing on the music in no time. it feels liberating to finally be able to put "pen to paper", so to speak and record ideas and construct songs w/ the pc-based home recording software and modellers.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »
yep, i always come up with new riffs and licks but i tend to forget them most of the time. ayos, no problems pala ang Line 6 sa compatibility with other programs. perhaps i should try Cool Edit nga, di naman siguro complex yung program na yun. thanks man!

any other recommendations, anyone? :)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »
pre how the tone port so far :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline guitarer7

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »
Sir Poundcake, I also purchased a Toneport UX2, i did some recordings already, using Adobe Audition (formerly Cool Edit), yung bundled na Ableton Live, 4 tracks lang meron, you still need to upgrade for it to be a full version, saka di ko gaano kabisado.. butt-in na lang ako pag alam ko sagot sa questions mo. newbie din ako sa home recording eh...magtatanong din ako sa future,

mga samples na nairecord ko using UX2:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=559354

sensya na sa mga sabit ha....

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 01:00:05 AM »
oyyy pareng pallas, honestly i haven't worked on the TonePort yet because i've been swamped with work since i arrived from the US. this week, plano ko kalikutin yun. balitaan kita :)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 01:11:10 AM »
pareng guitarer7, lupit ng playing mo hehe.. ano gamit mong drum looper? yun din ang problema ko e, gusto ko sana ng mga templates na drum and bass para pwede magawan ng kanta. nagsuggest si sir Phil sakin na www.betamonkeymusic.com daw pero gusto ko rin sana ng ibang alternatives aside from that or yung mga pre-made BTs.

Offline guitarer7

• Netizen Level
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 04:58:59 AM »
pareng guitarer7, lupit ng playing mo hehe.. ano gamit mong drum looper? yun din ang problema ko e, gusto ko sana ng mga templates na drum and bass para pwede magawan ng kanta. nagsuggest si sir Phil sakin na www.betamonkeymusic.com daw pero gusto ko rin sana ng ibang alternatives aside from that or yung mga pre-made BTs.

Sir, Thanks, yung narinig nyo BT pa rin, pero Fruity loops ang gamit ko sa mga drum loops, pwede rin gumawa ng basslines dito.