hulika

Author Topic: timefactor, nova delay, smmh article  (Read 1061 times)

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
timefactor, nova delay, smmh article
« on: April 17, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »
came across this article while i was searching for reviews trying to decide if i should replace my smmh with a nova delay. hope it's helpful or of some use here. peace!  :-)

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Apr/Delay_Shootout_TC_Electronic_Eventide_and_EH.aspx

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: timefactor, nova delay, smmh article
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »
nice share johnny... the nd-1 will definitely free up some real estate on your board but with regard to tonality and usage, you're going to have to figure that one for yourself...

though, i also use the nd-1... thanks again for the article!
[

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
nice share johnny... the nd-1 will definitely free up some real estate on your board but with regard to tonality and usage, you're going to have to figure that one for yourself...

though, i also use the nd-1... thanks again for the article!

no sweat, man.

yeah, i was wondering about tone through the nd-1. see the videos on youtube. consensus seems to be that it's so useful but the tone is so cold and polished daw. on my end, regarding the SMMH, the bummer is the noticable volume drop, which i'm willing to over-look because of the "musicality" of the other features. i keep tinkering with it and still stumble upon some new sounds. i haven't even explored looping the signal yet.

i can see though how this can piss some musician's off in terms of the volume drop and it's lay-out of the functions. for someone who's into making sounds/noise though, this would be a good addition. also great for people like me who just play for fun and can't afford a eventide time factor. he he
 :-D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
I agree with the signal going through the ND-1 sounding too polished. It's probably due to the post-processing buffering but I'm not sure. I still like what I hear though :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
no sweat, man.

yeah, i was wondering about tone through the nd-1. see the videos on youtube. consensus seems to be that it's so useful but the tone is so cold and polished daw. on my end, regarding the SMMH, the bummer is the noticable volume drop, which i'm willing to over-look because of the "musicality" of the other features. i keep tinkering with it and still stumble upon some new sounds. i haven't even explored looping the signal yet.

i can see though how this can piss some musician's off in terms of the volume drop and it's lay-out of the functions. for someone who's into making sounds/noise though, this would be a good addition. also great for people like me who just play for fun and can't afford a eventide time factor. he he
 :-D

lol... the eventide actually is good... and yes, the affordability can be a bummer... though, i agree with sir ian and your comment that the nd-1 does sound too polished... i also play for fun... and i like what i hear with the nd-1 as well...

but as the article says, choose what works for you...

all 3 pedals are good...  :-D
[

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »
I've owned the ND-1 and the Timefactor. Timefactor pa rin ako. Lalo na kung may footswitch.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 10:49:22 PM »
I've owned the ND-1 and the Timefactor. Timefactor pa rin ako. Lalo na kung may footswitch.

there you have it. the voice of experience. i wanted to try turi's timefactor at g.a.s. day but i got intimidated by it. so many knobs. ha ha ha.

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
there you have it. the voice of experience. i wanted to try turi's timefactor at g.a.s. day but i got intimidated by it. so many knobs. ha ha ha.

Problems with the ND-1:
1. If the switch breaks, goodbye because it's not a switch you can buy anywhere.
2. Hard to switch presets.
3. 9 presets?
4. Need I say more?

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 02:55:39 PM »
sali na rin natin kaya dito yung line 6 DL4? yung price range niya sa classifieds would be around the neighborhood of a SMMH and an ND-1.

anyone care to weigh in on this? i remember that it has a looper, when i tried it a while back.  :-D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »
Problems with the ND-1:
1. If the switch breaks, goodbye because it's not a switch you can buy anywhere.
2. Hard to switch presets.
3. 9 presets?
4. Need I say more?

Good point about the switch. I guess I should treat my ND-1 with more care from now on :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:23 AM »
sali na rin natin kaya dito yung line 6 DL4? yung price range niya sa classifieds would be around the neighborhood of a SMMH and an ND-1.

anyone care to weigh in on this? i remember that it has a looper, when i tried it a while back.  :-D

Have it modded then it pwns.  :-)