hulika

Author Topic: MIDI Drums Recording Solutions with Korg padKontrol, Cakewalk SONAR & EZDrummer  (Read 1626 times)

Offline staccatoboi

• Netizen Level
MIDI Drums Recording Solutions with Korg padKontrol, Cakewalk SONAR & EZDrummer

Note: You need to hook any midi pad controller or midi keyboard on your PC/MAC using any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Softwares. You also need a sound card specifically designed for audio production which supports ASIO interface.

Well, I just felt like sharing my ideas since this is rarely used here in our country, and since I'm not always around here in PhilMusic for those who would like to ask me about the set up and specifications, You may just google all the stuff that I have mentioned, you can even find youtube instructional and demo videos with all the essential DAW, MIDI controllers and the like.

Here are some of my video links playing drums on my Korg PadKontrol recorded while jamming along with songs from my iPod:

Lamb of God - Blood of the Scribe Drum Cover on Korg padKontrol:

Lamb of God - Hourglass Drum Cover on Korg padKontrol:

Lamb of God - Redneck Drum Cover on Korg padKontrol:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:28:01 PM by staccatoboi »

Offline xserved

• Netizen Level
No need for Controllers. just program the beats.

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
I've been using my Roland V-Drums to control Toontrack Superior Drummer for many years now (before with Sonar. now on Pro Tools).

Here are some samples of my recordings:

Offline staccatoboi

• Netizen Level
No need for Controllers. just program the beats.

yah but it woult take a long time to finish a track if u will just program the beats note per note, instead of recording it in realtime audio capture method

Offline staccatoboi

• Netizen Level
I've been using my Roland V-Drums to control Toontrack Superior Drummer for many years now (before with Sonar. now on Pro Tools).

Here are some samples of my recordings:

yah i always thought about the idea of recording drums with toontracks and there i have it.. Hehehe its really good in terms of sounds and customization.. :)