hulika

Author Topic: Maganda po ba ang USB soundcard?  (Read 1731 times)

Offline paulo_gee

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Maganda po ba ang USB soundcard?
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Good Day everyone...

Whenever I plug my mic it has static and my when I plug my guitars it could not be detected. I think I have a problem with the soundcard. However, I've been hassled everytime I put a new soundcard coz of its invasiveness. I was just wondering if using a USB sound card would be an answer to my problem. If not what is the best solution to have good quality sound without spending too much... thank you!!

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Maganda po ba ang USB soundcard?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:46:25 PM »
USB soundcards are now the most convenient and affordable way for plug and play recording. Many companies (ex. M-Audio, Cakewalk, Presonus, Line-6, etc.) now produces their own line of USB soundcards with various features that can satisfy the recording needs from simple 1-track stereo recording to simulatenous multiple ins. Most of them are capable of low latency recording and has good audio resolution and sampling rate. I suggest to search the net for the most appropiate USB soundcard/interface that would fit your requirements.

Right now I'm using Cakewalk UA-1G. It has a guitar/mic in and a stereo RCA input. Very portable, inexpensive and easy to use.  :-)
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 06:44:23 AM »
+1

If you were pertaining to your onboard soundcard where you were having problems, forget it. Better to get a dedicated USB card. Even the cheapest M-Audios would suffice  :-D

jacopastorius

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:44:30 AM »
http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=6354&main=75

ok din ba tong encore audio interface? gusto ko din kasi iconnect yung bass guitar ko sa laptop

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=6354&main=75

ok din ba tong encore audio interface? gusto ko din kasi iconnect yung bass guitar ko sa laptop

Walang instrument input. You can try using the mic input but don't expect good quality. These are cheap electronics and let's face it, you get what you pay for.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

jacopastorius

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
sayang...sabagay...baka panget nga lang din kalalabasan...sa tingin ko  wala ko choice but to save up for the fast track m-audio

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »
sayang...sabagay...baka panget nga lang din kalalabasan...sa tingin ko  wala ko choice but to save up for the fast track m-audio

May Behringer UCA200 sa classifieds.  P850 lang.

jacopastorius

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 05:53:20 AM »
May Behringer UCA200 sa classifieds.  P850 lang.

sa totoo nito di ko alam pano gagamitin un eh. ang meron lang ako sa laptop eh laptop, bass amp at bass

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »
sa totoo nito di ko alam pano gagamitin un eh. ang meron lang ako sa laptop eh laptop, bass amp at bass

Instead of the fast track, why not aim for a Line6 UX1 or equivalent? This already comes with bass amp/cab simulations.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

jacopastorius

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:18:28 AM »
san ba pwede bumili  nung line 6?

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »
san ba pwede bumili  nung line 6?

Line 6 USB interfaces are distributed by Yupangco. Perfect pitch stores can have units on display.
Others buy them overseas and have it here shipped. 
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu