hulika

Author Topic: TOM MORELLO GUITAR  (Read 1388 times)

Offline chaos0129

TOM MORELLO GUITAR
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:29:06 AM »
HI FELLOW FORUMITES. I PLANNING TO ASSEMBLE MY VERY FIRST PROJECT GUITAR. IT'LL BE A TOM MORELLO "SOUL POWER" PROTOTYPE. PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME ADVICES ON WHERE TO START AND SPECIFICATIONS THAT I NEED TO CONSIDER. AND ALSO, WHERE CAN I GO TO HIRE SOMEONE TO INSTALL KILLSWITCH ALA MORELLO. YOUR REPLIES WILL BE A GREAT HELP. THANKS AND GODSPEED.
LIVE AND LET DIE

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: TOM MORELLO GUITAR
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »
all i know is that it has a kill switch.. (i think)

and it is a strat.. one with a double locking bridge.. :mrgreen:
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline modmod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
Kill switch ni tom morello using two pickup 1(pickup)0 level 1(pickup)10.Not shorted with ground usually ginagawa ng iba.It acts like on/off sa signal.Dont put switch sa output hum lang aabutin mo.

Offline neicon27

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

•Fender Stratocaster, "Soul Power" - It has a black finish with white binding and a color-matched headstock. It also has a mirror pickguard, Ibanez Edge Floyd Rose Tremolo, a 2 way on/ off toggle switch wired as a kill switch, a Seymour Duncan Hotrails pickup in the bridge and Fender Noiseless pickups in the middle and neck positions. It has the words "Soul Power" on the top of the body in silver paint and is his main guitar in Audioslave for songs that are in standard E tuning.

taken from : http://nayontenor.blogspot.com/2009/12/guitar-heroes-tom-morello.html

Soul Power: A modified Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster, in an August 2005 Guitar World interview it was revealed that it was a Factory Special Run (FSR) released at Guitar Center and is tuned Standard E. Black with white binding, a color-matched headstock, mirror pickguard, and the words “Soul Power” scrawled across the top of the body in white paint. It has an Ibanez Edge Floyd Rose Tremolo (again, Tom routed the body so that the Floyd can go up and down), locking nut, a toggle switch wired as a kill switch (He uses the 5-way pickup selector to switch through pickups), a Seymour Duncan Hotrails pickup in the bridge and Fender Noiseless pickups in the middle and neck positions. Morello mainly uses the neck pickup on this guitar unless he needs a hotter tone, then he switches to the Hotrails pickup. It was his main guitar in Audioslave for songs that are in Standard E tuning

taken from :http://guitar-insight.com/artist-gear/tom-morello-gear/
"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline chaos0129

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:02:38 AM »
thanks for the info brothers. i'm planning to buy a cheap mij strat and mod it. can you give me some advice on what to get on the classifieds? ive been searching everyday but i still cant decide. the cheaper, the better. and i still dont know where to hire someone to install the killswitch/toggle switch.  please help. godspeed.
LIVE AND LET DIE

Offline Nero

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »
I know how to install killswitch. Meron nakainstall  sa Lespaul ko, kaya lang push button (ala Buckethead). Madali lang bro maginstall, ito link kunag paano maginstall. palitan mo lang yung push button ng toggle switch. http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/killswitch.html
nero(config)#

Offline chaos0129

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »
I know how to install killswitch. Meron nakainstall  sa Lespaul ko, kaya lang push button (ala Buckethead). Madali lang bro maginstall, ito link kunag paano maginstall. palitan mo lang yung push button ng toggle switch. http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/killswitch.html

Thanks bro. gusto ko sana sa may horn ng strat. do i need to drill the body? if yes, i really need professional assistance.
LIVE AND LET DIE

Offline Nero

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 06:27:32 AM »

Thanks bro. gusto ko sana sa may horn ng strat. do i need to drill the body? if yes, i really need professional assistance.

Sir. Kailang nyo na po ng professional assistance, yun sa akin po ay sa pickguard ko lang nilagyan ng killswitch kaya madaling nabutasan.
nero(config)#