hulika

Author Topic: Ground Lift Switch?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline pedge22

• Veteran Member
Ground Lift Switch?
« on: November 26, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »
There is a Ground Lift switch at the back of my Crell power amp, any idea whats this for?  Is it cutting off the ac ground, or cutting off the ground in the balanced audio input? Or disconnecting ac ground from audio ground? ang gulo.... :lol:

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Ground Lift Switch?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:18:04 AM »
There is a Ground Lift switch at the back of my Crell power amp, any idea whats this for?  Is it cutting off the ac ground, or cutting off the ground in the balanced audio input? Or disconnecting ac ground from audio ground? ang gulo.... :lol:
If you switch it on and then lift the amp, the ground (your floor) comes with it.  Be careful. :-D :-D :-D

Kidding aside... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_lift

Offline pedge22

• Veteran Member
Re: Ground Lift Switch?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
If you switch it on and then lift the amp, the ground (your floor) comes with it.  Be careful. :-D :-D :-D

Pro-gravity switch hahaha

So it means that.. In the normal position of the switch the audio ground is connected to the safety ground. When the swich is in the ground lift position audio ground is not connected to safety ground. tama ba yun sir?

When I bought the amp, I shipped it in a flight case. Unfortunately I forgot the users manual in the store, twas left in its original box.  :-(
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:38:58 AM by pedge22 »