hulika

Author Topic: Cascio Interstate Guitarfest  (Read 849 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Cascio Interstate Guitarfest
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:06:58 AM »

uploading some vids, didnt have my any power left for billy sheehans and greg koch's clinic. met T-man there

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Cascio Interstate Guitarfest
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
got to play the mesa boogie transatlantic today well built good cleans not that mind blowing as far as the varying stuff i can do with it,

GAS starts with this one, a PRS rep was down at the shop to show some of the new PRS amps, really great sounding amps, some of them had that closed tight sound even though it was an open back design..was playing through a combo that looked like matchless scheme, till this kid sat next to me and started to play along, he looked familiar till i saw his dad, its T-man!(talan latz) so his dad told him to move to the bigger amp to show me his skills..btw t-man is a prs endorsee for the SE series, not bad for his age! he was always smiling to show his love for blues music, he did used the same licks all the time, and to me he doesnt know if his guitar was out of tune or not..but he can rip for his age, he fun to play with got tired of his dad's bs..sorry talan your dad's real proud of you, but he marketed you to me the wrong way

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »
Cascio Guitar instructors Josh and Keith showing modes and stuff, showing how important practice, practice in modes, arpeggios, triads and breaking up licks when its hard to do the first time..big time chickn pickers etc..but also showcased their other influences such as Tom Morello and early grunge stuff

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »
Rob Marcello, his sound was different than the rest of the clinician..probably the only one that didnt use an 'amp' the whole set he had,

lets start with him rockin out, with the GT10 through the PA

still rockin out...

robs fave boss GT10 setting

now this one is where on the entire clinic some of the 'tone junkies' got some pretty good exchange, i wish i took vids on the import vs boutique discussion pretty intense..

he also discussed his two main Caparison guitars 1 being the polka dot his fave and signed by randy rhoad's mom, also he gets questions about if the polka dots in his guitar was inspired by Buddy Guy(lol), his caparisons especially the polka dot is his fave being it is well constructed, flat radius'd, and the neck being to tolerate weather changes,

i know rob has a suhr and played some ibbys, so when i had my wreckzpedals zeta reticuli drive signed, i asked where those guitars are or his affiliation with those companies, he was endorsed by ibanez at one point(contract expired) and shifted to suhr then he goes his custom caparison feels more comfortable like his ibanez rg,

*notes on the guitar, strung 9-42 d'addarios, dimarzio tonezone on the bridge, and recently tried the liquidfire for the neck(he still uses the air norton at home), setup mid lo in string action..

anyway rob rockin outro

Billy Sheehans clinic, i guess i like the way he had two amp tones one for the low end and one for a top end, its the first time to see this Yamaha Bass guitar of his im not sure if its new or not, that only had two bolts for the neck..i decided to take a break but he does have a funny side to him..points he made was practice, warming up, and listen to the music first before you start ripping..

Greg Koch' last clinician for the day, was all focused on chickn pickn variances, slides, open and alternate tunings, etc..and told us to buy his book so he can feed his family..and apologized for his facebook profile pic..

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing sir :-)
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
parang us counter part nung gear day kahapon :-D
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
cool :-)

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 09:50:23 PM »
Two thumbs up. Rob rocks!  :-)

Offline outnote

• Netizen Level
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »
Rob's tone is a little trebley. Haha. Great playing though.

Really digging Josh Tavor.