hulika

Author Topic: any masters of ableton live here? can i be your student?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline godomesu

any masters of ableton live here? can i be your student?
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
i've been using these software for a year now and still di ko pa din sya ganun ka gamay. i was wondering if there's someone/group here in philmusic who's really into ableton live and maybe teach me a thing or two bout it. baka meron naman dyan!

thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: any masters of ableton live here? can i be your student?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »
what do you specifically want to learn about ableton live?  :-)
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline godomesu

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »
what do you specifically want to learn about ableton live?  :-)

hmmm

mastering
making my own synths ( only rely on presets since i've used ableton)

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
nice software.. but consumes a lot of cpu usage..

Offline godomesu

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »

ano po ba gamit nyo sir? i'm also into fl studio. i find ableton much useful when it comes to doodling mode.

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »

ano po ba gamit nyo sir? i'm also into fl studio. i find ableton much useful when it comes to doodling mode.

I think Ableton LIve is designed for DJ'ing..

Offline godomesu

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »
i had used it for recording guitar tracks. like an rc 50 loop station but without the limitations.

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 02:17:29 AM »
hmmm

mastering
making my own synths ( only rely on presets since i've used ableton)

when i'm mastering, i usually apply EQ eight and adjust any excessive points in the track to achieve yung sound na gusto ko na preserve pa rin ang sounds ng individual tracks. i also use the Saturator effect, this one is really nice to give the track a denser sound. that's what i do. i also hope someone around who also uses ableton shares their mastering tricks.  :-D

di ako gumagamit ng synths ng ableton since i have a separate tool for that.  :-D :-D :-D

this one i agree. i also have Sonar LE. with the same tracks and fx used, its easy to see na mas madaling masakal ang ableton 'pag dumadami na ang naka-open na tracks/fx. but i still prefer Ableton 'coz of the interface. mas madaling magamay.
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 01:37:09 AM »
when i'm mastering, i usually apply EQ eight and adjust any excessive points in the track to achieve yung sound na gusto ko na preserve pa rin ang sounds ng individual tracks. i also use the Saturator effect, this one is really nice to give the track a denser sound. that's what i do. i also hope someone around who also uses ableton shares their mastering tricks.  :-D

di ako gumagamit ng synths ng ableton since i have a separate tool for that.  :-D :-D :-D

this one i agree. i also have Sonar LE. with the same tracks and fx used, its easy to see na mas madaling masakal ang ableton 'pag dumadami na ang naka-open na tracks/fx. but i still prefer Ableton 'coz of the interface. mas madaling magamay.

im stuck with ableton... hard to learn again new sequencer for daw..

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 05:19:31 AM »
Ableton is a very capable DAW not just for live use or DJing.

The simplest advice I can give is to learn the ableton manual first then the accompanying text/video tutorials that come with the software and on youtube.

for mastering, well you could just learn first to build the set of modules involved in a mastering session like your EQ, Compressor Stereo Imager, Limiter. Once you learn how each of them work, line em up and experiment and try to read up a bit online. There are tons of tutorials but I'd suggest learn the modules first.

For synths so you can make your own sounds, google subtractive synthesis which is the most common form of synthesis used in most virtual analogs and which is used the same in Ableton.  :-D