hulika

Author Topic: help. drumloops, synth and track recording all in one?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline FullofEbak

help. drumloops, synth and track recording all in one?
« on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:29 AM »
im looking for a software that lets u make drumloops, add other computer generated synth sounds or other effects (like fruityloops) as well as a track editor where u can record guitar and bass.

i use Acid to record guitar/bass, what i do is i make a simple drumloop and export it to wav, then import that wav file to acid.

what i then do is export from acid then put it in fruityloops. the process is tiring and slow.

what i want is to be able to arrange the drums and other fruityloops instruments as well as the guitar and bass samples at the same time in the same program.

now the problem with recording in fruityloops is that if u record from the line-in, it seems to be picking up the other instruments also (from fruityloops)(im using version 5producer btw)

so what happens is i am able to record in fruityloops, but the recording has the other stuff playing as well. dumoble.

what i wanna do is atleast be able to record something on fruityloops without this happening. the problem is i need to play the song while recording, since even if i just play the metronome (in FL) it even records the metronome. so its really annoying i cant seem to get around it.

basically i use acid and FL,

are there any other programs that would make it more convenient for me? or does anyone know how to record in FL without the instruments or the metronome getting recorded along with the guitar?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
help. drumloops, synth and track recording all in one?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
Instead of flying loops out of Acid then into FL, why don't you Rewire the two together? (Unfortunately, I use neither so I can't tell you how to rewire them but you can get info about that from the net or the FL forums.) It will require having the 2 progs open at the same time but that's the principle of Rewire. It provides a virtual connection betwwen the 2 programs allowing you to sync them together. That way, you can use each of their strengths without having to fly loops and wavs from one to the other. The only thing is that you will have to bump up your RAM to speed things up.

I previously played with a demo of Ableton Live and I found it to be better at building loop-based tracks. (Similar to what I used to do with MOTU Freestyle). I also know you can rewire FL to Live.

I'll be receiving my copy of Project 5 V2 soon and it also has pattern sequencing capabilities similar to Live plus the same Rewire capabilities.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire