hulika

Author Topic: Need Newb Help with Cubase5/Bheringer U-Control Uca202  (Read 863 times)

Offline RoninX

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Need Newb Help with Cubase5/Bheringer U-Control Uca202
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:51:11 AM »
Plugged in 202, downloaded new driver, no sound.. been messing with settings all weekend i'm about to hulk out on this rig.. please help

I'll set everything back to default and start from scratch if someone can walk me through it. I just don't know what to do now. I just want to make some music. :(

Win7/32bit/Cubase5/UCA202/Acoustic Electric Guitar

Thanks

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Need Newb Help with Cubase5/Bheringer U-Control Uca202
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Search through the Cubase directory for the .pdf manuals.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline soulexp

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
Plugged in 202, downloaded new driver, no sound.. been messing with settings all weekend i'm about to hulk out on this rig.. please help

I'll set everything back to default and start from scratch if someone can walk me through it. I just don't know what to do now. I just want to make some music.

Win7/32bit/Cubase5/UCA202/Acoustic Electric Guitar

Thanks

Have almost the same setup ...

Win7/32bit/MMM16/uca202/guitar FX/guitar.

How did you plug in the acoustic guitar to the UCA? did you just use a jack to RCA mono? newey try to go to the sound speaker on the bottom right and right click select playback most of the time windows does'nt make it as default to do so you click on the speaker that says USB audio CODEC. Now if you have already tried that try right clicking on the sound on the bottom right and select recording devices select the same thing for the uca which is CODEC and goto properties click on listen and select listen and apply there should be feedback coming in. otherwise just a clicking sound it depends unsure on this one, goto level and lower down the volume with mine I only put it on 3 to 5 because anything higher produces high output. havent tweaked it enough yet.

Anyway there should also be a setting in cubase but with the uca202 setting that's what you can do you can also goto the playback again>properties> enhancement for the effects.

Note: I have only tried this like a couple of days ago and recorded using my effects which has a stereo output and that goes from the effects loop going to rca out to the uca202 for stereo, I'm still working on mono jacks. I still working it out with a microphone without a mixer the problem there is when I plug in a mono jack (in) and RCA (out) mono... I dont get anything, I just hear some clicking noises the background. the problem I've been getting is that when I try to plug in a microphone with a mono jack and also a pc microphone with a stereo 3.5mm directly I just dont get anything but clicking noises ... still working it out though . If you find anything please tell me, coz I'm still doing some research on it. thanks just dont want to buy a mixer when I can do without it and just use the mixer on MMM16.

cheers :)
If you believe everything is achievable, Then nothing is impossible!!

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:39:09 AM »
Have you selected the ASIO driver of the Behri under "Devices" bro?
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:55:53 AM »
Out of curiosity, does the UCA have WASAPI drivers for win7? Can someone provide a screenshot of the Cubase device setup or VST connections so I can see what the UCA asio drivers look like?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire