hulika

Author Topic: NEW D&D Demo up!! (steel string)  (Read 8413 times)

Offline babolnart

Re: NEW D&D Demo up!! (steel string)
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 09:37:28 AM »
thanks sir!!!

actually maganda yung D&D classical na na-try ko kahapon. solid ang tones and feel. pero wala kasing truss rod eh. kaya di ko rin agad binili. buti na lang nag-visit ako sa ibang store. yun, nakuha ko 'to. and best of all, mas mura kesa dun sa napagtanungan ko kahapon. hehehehe

Pa-PM ren kung magkano kuha mo sa D&D steel string mo.  :-D

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
1.) sounded really nice when mic'd..thumbs up ako dito.

2.) medyo "matigas on bass strings" for me on SansAmp but clear hi's compare to clip #3, maybe because of the guitar preamp eq settings & di settings. this usually happens to me too when using sansamp. you had your "blend" knob at O. try to put everything on flat settings. except the mid shift (user preference)

3.) same as sansamp, medyo "matigas" parin with not as cleans highs compare to sansamp. maybe its the mid freq. but that usually happens when using undersaddle. maybe a little tweak on both , im sure mas gaganda pa.

TFS !

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:08:21 PM by dantuts »
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »
1.) sounded really nice when mic'd..thumbs up ako dito.

2.) medyo "matigas on bass strings" for me on SansAmp but clear hi's compare to clip #3, maybe because of the guitar preamp eq settings & di settings. this usually happens to me too when using sansamp. you have your "blend" knob at O. try to put everything on flat settings. except the mid shift (user preference)

3.) same as sansamp, medyo "matigas" parin with not as cleans highs compare to sansamp. maybe its the mid freq. but that usually happens when using undersaddle. maybe a little tweak on both , im sure mas gaganda pa.

TFS !

agree on this.

yung eq ng guitar is very responsive. konting tweek lang ramdam agad yung difference unlike other acoustic eq na na-try ko.

im thinking of getting a behringer acoustic DI. what's your thoughts? di ko kasi kaya ang sansamp eh. hehehehe
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »
im thinking of getting a behringer acoustic DI. what's your thoughts? di ko kasi kaya ang sansamp eh. hehehehe

behringer's acoustic di , i think was based on sansamp acoustic di.  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:10:07 PM by dantuts »

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
behringer's acoustic di , i think is based on sansamp acoustic di.  :wink:

uy maraming salamat sir sa quick reply.

you think using the acoustic DI is better if i plug straight to the mixer? iniisip ko din kasi to use it to a guitar amp eh. pero based sa mga reviews na nabasa ko, acoustic guitar is not good to plug into a electric guitar amp even if naka-DI pa.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
uy maraming salamat sir sa quick reply.

you think using the acoustic DI is better if i plug straight to the mixer? iniisip ko din kasi to use it to a guitar amp eh. pero based sa mga reviews na nabasa ko, acoustic guitar is not good to plug into a electric guitar amp even if naka-DI pa.

go to True Acoustic Tone thread. we were discussing about DI's a while ago.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:14:15 PM by dantuts »

Offline bh

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 02:58:48 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the advice dan. Will try those sansamp settings. I got to gig with the d&d a few days ago and was really happy with the sound, live. The guitar came through very clear and articulate (punchy/percussive) through the speakers:)  sayang, we didn't get to record even a short video or audio clip--hopefully someone uploads one.  just have photos on fb.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:20:46 PM by bh »

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the advice dan. Will try those sansamp settings. I got to gig with the d&d a few days ago and was really happy with the sound, live. The guitar came through very clear and articulate through the speakers:)

noob question ms. bh:

naglagay ka ba ng new strap button sa neck or you just put the strap sa may headstock ng D&D mo?

gusto ko sana lagyan ng strap button sa heel kaso natatakot mag drill eh. heheheh

TIA

Offline bh

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
@kune  yup i installed another strap button. Just carefully screw it in place.  it's on the side near the cutaway  (just check the photo for exact placement/position)

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »
so many many many many thanks Ms. bh for your kind reply.

last question na lang po?

is it ok to put the button dun sa white portion ng heel/neck? my strap is a Planet waves strap with built in lock. di sya magkakasya pag nilagay ko yung button dun sa position na pinaglagyan mo eh. magiging ala SG type yung position ng strap button.

ganito po yung strap ko:

again, thank you very much Ms. BH for your tips. More so, thanks for inducing me this GAS. heehehehehe

Offline bh

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 04:16:16 PM »
Sure!  sorry, i don't know about putting it on the white part as i've never done it. I just use simpler straps for my acoustics nalang, they fit well:)

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 04:22:15 PM »
Sure!  sorry, i don't know about putting it on the white part as i've never done it. I just use simpler straps for my acoustics nalang, they fit well:)

ah ok.

salamat pa din po.

:-D

Offline vin.musika

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »
mga kua., pede bang malaman features nung dandd na steel string., mejo malayo kasi smin ang store e., mejo kulang pa budget ko., and anu ba un., every guitar is diferrent dun sa isa? cutom daw dba?ahaha  :-P hmm., i want the full info., .,. tnx for replies mga sir..,

Offline vic24/7

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
got hold of both the acoustic and nylon d&d guitars yesterday at lazer, starmall, las pinas. from 8k+ they have it on sale at 7k+. i'm eyeing the nylon one, feels great in my hands and the sound produced is what i wanted, great action and for the price, the finish and materials used are very good. currently, i'm into classical and fingerstyle playing and so my ovation celebrity cs257 will have to take the back seat when i get hold of the nylon acoustic electric.

wonder how the nylon version would sound from the roland ac-60 acoustic amp? curious and aching to grab one sooner!!  :evil:  :lol:

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »
Nice demo on the Steels :-D

GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline music_adik_to

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 10:50:42 PM »
ayus tong acoustics nila...

nag research ako...

si daniel pala isa DnD... haha

very succesful na sya...

kapit bahay at ka jammin ko dati...

Congrats!
BOSS GT-10 - Sold to mentee
Traded CoolCat Transparent OD to - bembmd
EHX #1 Echo - Sold to non forumer @ classifieds CoolCat Chorus - Sold to mbsunga DOD EQ - Sold to faroutman Boss DS-1 (BritMod) - Sold to bawalangpork Line6 UX1 - Sold to lindtayl