hulika

Author Topic: Gypsy guitar build - French made  (Read 1247 times)

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gypsy guitar build - French made
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
One of my French clients/friends shared images of his current Gypsy guitar build. I just wanted to share these photos with you guys. We've been talking about his guitar build for quite some time now. He says he enjoys building it more than playing it. lol... I'd like to get your opinions as well and will relay it to my friend.

Anyway, you're going to have to click on the link instead. The photos have been restricted so that only the people with the link can access it. Enjoy peeps!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lejazzcbien/ConstructionF001?authkey=Gv1sRgCJLJmO6Y9aC-uQE&feat=directlink#

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:00:59 PM by masterchoxter »
[

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gypsy guitar build - French made
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:05:55 PM »
DJANGO!!! :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
It looks great, in my opinion. A bit big on the sides, pero ayos lang.  :-)

I'm sure the acoustic peeps would have a better input.  :wink:

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
Interesting build :-)

I'd love to hear it :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:39:36 PM »
@guitarwiz02, cayle, teleclem

thanks guys! i will forward your comments to him...

if you check out the rest of his album, he also has an electric guitar build:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lejazzcbien/Lutherie#

not really something impressive but clean nevertheless...

we talked about the kind of finish he will use for both guitars... so far, it will remain as it is...
[

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »
Nice doublecut! Simple lang. The acoustic looks good as well. Malinis.  :-)

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
Nice doublecut! Simple lang. The acoustic looks good as well. Malinis.  :-)

yeah... as cayle and i have discussed earlier, the headstock of the doublecut doesn't really match the whole theme... the acoustic was very complex... he plays gypsy jazz with his brother from the states and that inspired him to build one of his own...

it truly is inspiring to actually build your own someday because of them (foreign and our local luthiers/builders)...
[

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »
a selmer guitar build!!!  nice!!

maybe one day i'll give it a try :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
a selmer guitar build!!!  nice!!

maybe one day i'll give it a try :-D

yeah... it'd be very interesting to see one built locally... will be waiting for your photos when you start building one...  :wink:
[

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
actually i've been making classical guitars for quite some time now.  now with this thread, a selmer looks pretty good now :lol:

your boy does fine, clean work though :-)

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »
actually i've been making classical guitars for quite some time now.  now with this thread, a selmer looks pretty good now :lol:

your boy does fine, clean work though :-)

ah... i'm going to have to visit your shop/place soon... take photos and share 'em with my friend in France...

thanks for the compliment.. i will definitely send all of your comments and suggestions to him... yes, he does make 'em clean... he says that the neck is made from 5 pieces of wood... he just couldn't tell me the kinds of wood since he doesn't really speak English that much... and i don't know the French words for the types of wood... lol...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:19:22 PM by masterchoxter »
[

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
ah... i'm going to have to visit your shop/place soon... take photos and share 'em with my friend in France...

thanks for the compliment.. i will definitely send all of your comments and suggestions to him... yes, he does make 'em clean... he says that the neck is made from 5 pieces of wood... he just couldn't tell me the kinds of wood since he doesn't really speak English that much... and i don't know the French words for the types of wood... lol...
i'm sure the neck is maple but the strips could be walnut or mahogany.  i'm guessing its walnut.  the headplate is ebony.

the back and sides are maple and the top is some kind of spruce, most likely european spruce  :-)

than again, i'm just guessing here :lol: :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 08:29:41 PM »
i'm sure the neck is maple but the strips could be walnut or mahogany.  i'm guessing its walnut.  the headplate is ebony.

the back and sides are maple and the top is some kind of spruce, most likely european spruce  :-)

than again, i'm just guessing here :lol: :lol:

lol... yeah... the back and sides are maple... anyway, i'm going to ask him next time if he used walnut, ebony, and spruce...  :wink:

he has over three hundred photos... i'll be looking at each one later tonight... i was only able to take a gander at the uncut planks of wood and the assembled guitar... it'd be interesting to see how he shaped and cut each plank...

i was supposed to copy the photos to my photobucket account but it was too tasking... lulz...
[

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »
@jbarot: I'm interested in seeing your *possible* build too! :-D

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »
One of my French clients/friends shared images of his current Gypsy guitar build. I just wanted to share these photos with you guys. We've been talking about his guitar build for quite some time now. He says he enjoys building it more than playing it. lol... I'd like to get your opinions as well and will relay it to my friend.

Anyway, you're going to have to click on the link instead. The photos have been restricted so that only the people with the link can access it. Enjoy peeps!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lejazzcbien/ConstructionF001?authkey=Gv1sRgCJLJmO6Y9aC-uQE&feat=directlink#

Hi bro, nice guitar and very detailed guitar constructions  :-D :-)

Your client smells like DJANGO REINHEART  :-D :-)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:18:24 PM by constipation »

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »
Hi bro, nice guitar and very detailed guitar constructions  :-D :-)

Your client smells like DJANGO REINHEART  :-D :-)

lulz... ish good!
[

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 02:34:46 PM »
actually i've been making classical guitars for quite some time now.  now with this thread, a selmer looks pretty good now :lol:

naks naman!  JB in the house!  :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers