hulika

Author Topic: Fun with Concentric Pots (or "How I got a Kramer")  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
Fun with Concentric Pots (or "How I got a Kramer")
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »
Hi to all,

After my recent Washburn N2 project, I suddenly had this attraction towards Floyd Rose equipped, strat or superstrat-style guitars. So when I saw a Kramer in the ads, I knew I had another candidate for modding.  This was advertised as a Barretta, but further research shows that it is either a LK-1BF or a JK-1000 BF.

Anyway, after I brought it to Mike the alchemist, this is the result  :-D :-D

Jumbo frets on this one, and in almost unplayed condition... The rosewood is quite dark too, very  noice...

I was kinda worried that I would have to upgrade the pickups, but Mike told me to leave them stock, because they were very decent and sounded very good...

And here's my little mod  :-P :lol:  :wave:  At any rate, the original pot needed to be changed, as it had frozen up a little...

Here's the wiring; as usual, very tidy and clean...

The neck is in very very good condition, like I mentioned earlier, almost unplayed...

And no dings on the body either... a very clean example...

Thanks to Mike, and mayok for the guitar...  Hope you guys enjoyed this  :wave: :lol: :mrgreen:

Chum
Immanuel Kant, BUT Genghis Khan!!!

Offline stock

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Fun with Concentric Pots (or "How I got a Kramer")
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »
nice, halos pareho itsura ng guitar natin. Yung akin lang neck trough at 24 frets. Pero yung body at control layout at pickup config (ngayon H-H na), pareho. Yun mini toggle sa guitar ko functions as a bypass switch.

San ka nakabili nung pot and magkano?

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
Hi there!

I asked spankyrigor to order the concentric pot for me from WD Music Products.  Better you ask spanky for a quote, he is a dealer for WD.

The pot is also available with black or gold knobs, and both 500K and 250K values.

Chum

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »
Hey Chum, I was able to try your guitar at Mike's place. Balak ko rin kasi bilhin yan before hehe.

Mike is right, no need to change the pickups as it sounds good as it is. You can also try those single-coil sized HB  in case you wan to match the output with your bridge pickup.

BTW, judging by its look, I think it is a JK-1000

Offline stock

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:06 AM »
Hi there!

I asked spankyrigor to order the concentric pot for me from WD Music Products.  Better you ask spanky for a quote, he is a dealer for WD.

The pot is also available with black or gold knobs, and both 500K and 250K values.

Chum

ok. Salamat sa info..

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »
Shocks! why didn't I see this when it was for sale??!! nice guitar Chum!

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »
Hi Ryn, thanks! I'm looking at a few Seymour Duncan rail pickups right now, because the catalogue pics show a rail pickup in the neck position for the JK-1000, while mine has the usual strat polepieces. However, Mike did say that there was no evidence of any soldering etc., so he thinks that the pickups are stock.  We'll see...

Hi Joey, thanks! I got lucky  :-D :-D :-D  The pics that the seller posted were in a facebook account, and to be honest, I couldn't tell whether the guitar was a winner or not until I saw it in person.  Glad I took the risk/plunge  :-P