hulika

Author Topic: questions about psp  (Read 7327 times)

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
Re: questions about psp
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 03:50:24 AM »
Mura ang PSP 3000 ngayon, bagsak presyo na. I got one for my daughter, $129 + tax.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline plitipiw40315

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »
Mura ang PSP 3000 ngayon, bagsak presyo na. I got one for my daughter, $129 + tax.

magkano inabot in philippine peso bro??thanks
...drummers are good ROLL models...

Offline nieldan

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
PSP NGP know as PSP Next Generation Portable

mukhang kakain pa ng year yan or more bago ma -hack... very expensive...

lol PSP NGP = Nintendo Got Pwned!  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

There are three types of PSPs:
1- 1000 Series (Also known as Phat/Fat)
2- 2000 Series (Also known as Slim or Lite & Slim)
3- 3000 Series (Also known as Brite)

Now, what do I mean by "Hackable"?
That means you can install a Custom Firmware (CFW) on it. The most popular (& sometimes only) way to do it is by using a Pandora Battery & Magic Memory Stick (MMS).

Why Hack a PSP?
A Hacked PSP could run Homebrew, which are programs that have been developed by people that don’t have a contract with Sony. A PSP with Custom Firmware could also back up your games from the UMD to your computer; it also allows you to play those backups from your Memory Stick (MS). You could also do some serious customizations to your theme. Basically, you free your PSP from the hands of Sony.

Why can't I hack 'this' PSP?
'This' PSP probably has a TA-088v3 (Found in some 2000 series units) or TA-090v2 (Found in all 3000 series units) Motherboard, both of which are unhackable, as in, you can't install CFW on them.

Let’s start now.

All 1000 Series PSPs are hackable to date.
To some, there are other methods than just using a Pandora & an MMS.

On the other hand, 2000 Series are a little complicated. There are old units, new units, & really new units. The old ones contain Motherboards released before the TA-088v3, and are all hackable. The new ones have TA-088v3 Motherboards, and are unhackable. Finally, the really new ones, those have TA-090v1 Motherboards, which are hackable.
There are 7 different ways to tell whether a 2000 series PSP is hackable or not, but we'll get to that later on (and this is the main topic of this post/guide).

Finally, the 3000 series PSPs, all of those have the TA-090v2 Motherboard, which are unhackable to date.
Though, there is hope for the PSP 3000 series. According to Dark_AleX, he was able to utilize an error in the game "Grip Shift" which allowed him to install Custom Firmware. So, if you have a PSP 3000, or a TA-088v3 Motherboard 2000 series PSP, rush & get your hands on a European (PAL, region 2) version of the game.

I Currently have a PSP 2000 with TA-088v3 WITH CFW.
so.. what are you saying that 2nd gen psp's with ta-088v3 mobo can't have CFW? btw i have 5.50 GEN-D3 right now.

Fernandes FR-55 • 1978 Aria Pro II Les Paul • Shredhead, APW-7, DS-1 Britmod

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 07:20:17 AM »
magkano inabot in philippine peso bro??thanks

Sorry for the late reply, but around Php 5,900.00 :)

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline plitipiw40315

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, but around Php 5,900.00 :)

wow sobrang mura bro, baka pwedeng makisuyo pabili..hehe
...drummers are good ROLL models...

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
I Currently have a PSP 2000 with TA-088v3 WITH CFW.
so.. what are you saying that 2nd gen psp's with ta-088v3 mobo can't have CFW? btw i have 5.50 GEN-D3 right now.

Baka hindi lang po alam ni sir na pwede na yun ngayon. Back then, any psp's with ta-088v3 mobo cannot be modified. But you can still play cso/iso by means of hen which is not as stable as a CFW.

just my points. :D
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline lord4dark

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
I might also check the psp3000 anytime soon.

I also checked the cost of some umds and prices have dropped low enough to be slightly affordable.