hulika

Author Topic: best cables/wires/jacks  (Read 1675 times)

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
best cables/wires/jacks
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »
good day!

i was just wondering if anyone here knows what the best cables/wires/jacks are for rcording use? saan makakabili and ow much? i'm planning to make my own kasi. sana gumana.

and also, saan po makakabili ng mga 1/4" TRS and XLR male/female connectors? and also how much din?

again, many thanks to you recording gurus!
 :)  :)  :)

- - paolo

Offline dequi09

• Veteran Member
best cables/wires/jacks
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:41:02 PM »
bRO CONTACT MO SI tARKUZ.. Sa Audiophile marami, pag connectors, pinakamaganda para sa akin ay Neutrik pag cable maganda ang Canare, Nobelle, . I used to assemble Snake Cables and Microphone Cables, kahit gaano kainit ng Soldering Iron mo, hindi basta basta matutunaw ang insulators ng wire.. 6 years na yung mga in-assemble ko, up to now, wala pa din problem. Meron nyan lahat sa Audiophile, wag ka bibili ng mga mumurahin na walang quality, ikaw din magkaproblem. Wala na ko idea kung magkano na, pero last bili ko sa connector ay 160 for XLR and 1/4 TRS tapos sa cable, 75 pesos per meter. Hope this helps..
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. For in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working, nor planning, nor knowledge, nor wisdom"  - Ecclesiastes 9:10

Offline VinceP

best cables/wires/jacks
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 06:16:54 PM »
Some of my friends in the states that own studios swear by Mugami cables.  Honestly, I have yet to find a cable that makes a difference, at least with the price over sound quality ratio.  

As per connectors, I've always used Neutrik.  Since my old live sound days, this brand served me well.  Call Audiophile or get in touch with Tarkuz.  Their the go to guys for Neutrik, Nobelle, ProCo, Whirlwind etc.