hulika

Author Topic: Pinoyrock Revival! Pepe Smith, Wally G, and Resty Fabunan  (Read 1887 times)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pinoyrock Revival! Pepe Smith, Wally G, and Resty Fabunan
« on: September 02, 2006, 03:58:45 PM »
Bataan People’s Center rocks on 16 September 2006, Saturday, 8 pm, as Pinoy rock legends PEPE SMITH and WALLY GONZALEZ perform their signature hits - HIMIG NATIN, BEEP BEEP, MASKARA, WALLY’S BLUES, TITSER’S ENEMY, RAK EN ROL SA ULAN, DIVISORIA, MAMASYAL SA PILIPINAS, KAGATAN, BALONG MALALIM, and many more. RESTY FABUNAN of Maria Cafra fame will join center stage, and a few intermission pieces from Petrius Band.  

Join us as we rock the night with 1970’s memories of guitar riffs and drum beats by the first ever Pinoy Rock and Roll JUAN DELA CRUZ BAND. You can get your tickets from Power Radio Station, Dan’s Studio, Henry’s Lechon, Microhms, and People’s Center in Balanga City; Center Plaza Pharmacy in Abucay, and many others. Call (047) 244 5334, 0917-800-0072 for more details.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »
Wow. Is this the first time since the last reunion concert that they used "Juan dela Cruz"?
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »
Kanino ba pwede makisabay/carpool? Or makitulog na taga Bataan?  :-)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Kanino ba pwede makisabay/carpool? Or makitulog na taga Bataan?  :-)

You can call the organizer Pete Valiente at (047) 244 5334 or 0917-800-0072 - maybe he has the word on transpo/accomodation arrangements!

This was the email Pete sent:

Hello Jim,

Thanks so much for entertaining my calls and sms. Let me apologize for not being able to email you last night as I encountered some problems in my internet connection.

As I have mentioned to you, we are holding a Pinoy Rock Revival Concert in Balanga City, Bataan on 16 September 2006, Saturday. It will be held at the People’s Center (our version of Araneta Coliseum) with a capacity for some 5000 people starting at 8:00pm. We are doing our very best in encouraging music enthusiasts to join us that night for a lively night of 70’s Pinoy rock music. Legendary pinoy rock icons Wally Gonzalez and Pepe Smith will be performing together. It would be perfect if Mike Hanopol could join them. But last time we talked he has previous commitments and couldn’t be in town for this reunion. But, Resty Fabunan (of Maria Cafra) will be joining Wally and Pepe on stage. Resty is my kababayan from Balanga City and since he has been based in Olongapo for a while, we are hoping that we can enjoin pinoy rock fans there to take the 30 min drive to Bataan.

We are really excited about this concert as we hope it will contribute to keeping the melodic pinoy rock classics alive. I am sure you will agree that all the rock bands we now have would always play a piece or two by the famed JLCB.  They were all inspired by these legends. Wally, Pepe and I were together Tuesday this week and what has been written about Pepe being Pinoy rock embodied is still true. Wally is as cool as ever, but a real delight to watch and listen to everytime I get the chance to go to Chaquico’s. So Jim, we would really be grateful if you could help us spread the news to all the pinoy rock fans out there. You have done a great service to all pinoy music enthusiasts with your site and I still recall how excited I was when I came across it while still based in California. Of course, it would be doubly great if you can join us in Bataan on 16 September. We would be so happy if you and your friends could find time to be with us. By the way, I will also be performing a few of my original pinoy rock compositions during intermission. My friends and I who are all from Bataan formed a band just for this concert and we’ve been practising in between doing the legwork for this concert. Depending on how our music is received, we may decide to record them. Am attaching here a short write up we have on our posters. I will be emailing you separately a scanned copy of our poster.

Thanks so much in advance for anything you can do to help us spread the message about this forthcoming concert. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need more details.

Wishing you all the best and I look forward to meeting you in person soonest.

Cheers,
Pete S. Valiente
mobile # 0917 800-0072