hulika

Author Topic: in need of help/suggestions for my pedal set up  (Read 774 times)

Offline DrCHoW

• Philmusicus Noobitus
in need of help/suggestions for my pedal set up
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
Gud day!!! im a newbie in pedal set up and i bought a Boss OS -2 distortion/overdrive, however, ask ko lng opinion nio if i did the ryt thing having a 2-in-1 peds,,,,,  :?

and kung skali n ok n nmn n ang nging desixon ko, ask ko din, kc prang bitin parin ako s tunog at gus2 kong mgkaroon ng mxr dist 3, would the sound be good 2geder w/ the boss os2 or mgi2ng redundant na?? (bale, overdrive/dist. ko ung boss, which i will use esp. for plucking while ung mxr is the main dist)

and lastly, paano maaalis or if not, atleast mareduce ung humming noise due to overdrive and distortion pedz?  :mrgreen:

"a GOOD musician plays for the world, a GREAT musician OFFERS his/her MUSIC for the

Offline bumbleaidz

Re: in need of help/suggestions for my pedal set up
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:54:13 PM »
Gud day!!! im a newbie in pedal set up and i bought a Boss OS -2 distortion/overdrive, however, ask ko lng opinion nio if i did the ryt thing having a 2-in-1 peds,,,,,  :?

and kung skali n ok n nmn n ang nging desixon ko, ask ko din, kc prang bitin parin ako s tunog at gus2 kong mgkaroon ng mxr dist 3, would the sound be good 2geder w/ the boss os2 or mgi2ng redundant na?? (bale, overdrive/dist. ko ung boss, which i will use esp. for plucking while ung mxr is the main dist)

and lastly, paano maaalis or if not, atleast mareduce ung humming noise due to overdrive and distortion pedz?  :mrgreen:

"a GOOD musician plays for the world, a GREAT musician OFFERS his/her MUSIC for the

hi bro, welcome to philmusic! :) having 2 or more overdrive/distortion pedals isn't a bad thing, actually it can give you more palette of tones which is good, though sometimes space can be an issue, try mixing both of them at different settings, usually people use low setting overdrive for lighter parts, then engage the main dist for heavier parts (chug 2x or lead), though trial and error is inevitable so you may or may not like the combo of the two.

about the humming of the overdrive, it's really the nature of drive pedals especially on higher gain/volume settings, and sometimes when cascading multiple drive pedals, if you really can't live with the humming, a noise gate is your solution (but check first your cables and wiring, isolate the cause of hum before looking for a noise gate). Though some really well made OD/dist pedals can perform quietly even at higher gain settings. I hope my advice have helped you even a bit :)

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=235914.0 check this FAQ for newbies for more details regarding your inquiry :)

And lastly, please avoid using text speak :)

have fun here at GC! :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:56:35 PM by bumbleaidz »
successful transactions: moncseb (planet waves guitar strap), KASALANAN (tips&references), kenzu0911 (PSU), hamsterjamster (earplugs), sakilogic (boom micstand), neil_squadron (t007 tremolo).

Offline xianna

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:34:11 AM »
What i can suggest is you can use your os-2 as a booster for your main dirt mxr distortion.
Just kill the drive of your os-2 then the color knob 12o'clock..  sa level knob depende na syo. swak na swak na sya for leads and the chug2x sound.  :-P

and also +1 to txt speak..   :-)

Offline brown

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
hi bro, welcome to philmusic! :) having 2 or more overdrive/distortion pedals isn't a bad thing, actually it can give you more palette of tones which is good, though sometimes space can be an issue, try mixing both of them at different settings, usually people use low setting overdrive for lighter parts, then engage the main dist for heavier parts (chug 2x or lead), though trial and error is inevitable so you may or may not like the combo of the two.

about the humming of the overdrive, it's really the nature of drive pedals especially on higher gain/volume settings, and sometimes when cascading multiple drive pedals, if you really can't live with the humming, a noise gate is your solution (but check first your cables and wiring, isolate the cause of hum before looking for a noise gate). Though some really well made OD/dist pedals can perform quietly even at higher gain settings. I hope my advice have helped you even a bit :)

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=235914.0 check this FAQ for newbies for more details regarding your inquiry :)

And lastly, please avoid using text speak :)

have fun here at GC! :)

please.....had a hard time reading ur post.
he who hesitates, masterb@#$!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
TS: Text speak is not allowed here. Please edit your original post. Also, please read the Guitar Central rules and regulations thread. You can find it here:

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=50631.0

First warning.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Online rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »

hmmmn.. imo.. kung nabibitin ka, you can purchase another distortion and cascade it with the os-2..:D make sure it's in overdrive mode at low gain(in my case, it's at 0). i keep the od always on. it makes my clean warmer(i use the ts9 side of my jemini)..:D i place the od before the dist. functions as a tone shaper. for volume boost(if you'd be asking), i use a clean boost pedal placed after every pedal.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.