hulika

Author Topic: Acoustic guitar tone party anyone?  (Read 4844 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Acoustic guitar tone party anyone?
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2006, 08:12:47 AM »
Quote from: Chum
Hallo There...

My first post here... would you consider acoustic archtops for the tone party?  or is this strictly a flattop affair?

thanks...

Chum

Sir Chum - Sorry if it wasn't clear, pero I was assuming flat tops ang pinaguusapan.  But we wouldn't mind you joining para marinig din namin ano difference, pros and cons, etc., betw flat tops and curly-, este arch-tops!  :-)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2006, 08:30:35 AM »
Quote from: blue buddha
Naku sayang -- can't make it then.  :(  Kung sana weekend and an easy place to bring several guitars, I can contribute some interesting things for comparison, among them:

OM's
• Martin OM28 Custom
• Santa Cruz OM

Dreadnoughts
• Martin D1
• Morris Special (cutaway dreadnought)

Jumbos
• Larrivee JO5
• Lowden O10
• Gibson J-100xtra

Specialty
• Baby Taylor
• Dobro Western Deluxe

what the.... how come i never see you bragging about how much these stuff cost and how much better they sound than what 98% of the members here own and constantly rub it in?  :lol:
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline jebs

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 08:45:01 AM »
Quote from: Kulas
Name : Guitar

Joric - Johnson OOO
peewee - jasmine dreadnought

sali ako dyan!

kung pwede sa makati, sa makati nalang! hehe but id still go to UP to hear a lot of beautiful acoustic guitars.

Joric - Johnson OOO
peewee - jasmine dreadnought
JEB - ibanez PF

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
Naku sayang -- can't make it then.  :(  Kung sana weekend and an easy place to bring several guitars, I can contribute some interesting things for comparison, among them:

OM's
• Martin OM28 Custom
• Santa Cruz OM

Dreadnoughts
• Martin D1
• Morris Special (cutaway dreadnought)

Jumbos
• Larrivee JO5
• Lowden O10
• Gibson J-100xtra

Specialty
• Baby Taylor
• Dobro Western Deluxe

what the.... how come i never see you bragging about how much these stuff cost and how much better they sound than what 98% of the members here own and constantly rub it in?  :lol:

:lol:

i'll hazard a guess.  uhmm... cuz he can actually play and doesn't need to hide behind the gear? :-)

Offline Kulas

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim

Ooops, uhmmm... Kulas, move natin ng weekend!!!  And prolly somewhere in Makati. Daming dala ni BB eh.  :-)

Whups - Delta & Kulas - huwag ninyo i-resked dahil lang sa akin. Tuloy na ninyo sa Bahay Alumni sa 27th kung may sasali pa -- bihira lang naman mangyari 'to! There'll be another chance..... not to worry. Did not mean to throw a monkeywrench into the equation. The more tests like this, the better!  :)

ako i don't mind, hehe. i'd love to try those out. hehe...

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2006, 11:04:30 AM »
Quote from: Al_Librero

Because these things are just tools and a pissing contest about tools doesn't make any sense.  :lol: At the end of the day, it's about what a person creates and 99% of that is what's in the heart, head, and fingers.

The folks who should be admired are those who create coherent expressions of themselves regardless of the tools they use: those old blues dudes wailing on cheap stellas, early Artur Rubenstein on remarkably ordinary pianos, the Beatles doing Sgt. Pepper's on a lowly 4-track machine, the legless guy on the bangketa in quiapo cranking it out with a pampanga special through an amp made of old transistor radio parts, Mike Tupas laying it down with Pinikpikan on drums made with chisels, a pocket knife, and the skin from yesterday's lunch in Palawan. Singular, timeless, seductive, and totally toneful.

And besides, bragging is a real bummer.  :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2006, 11:06:37 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim

:lol:

i'll hazard a guess.  uhmm... cuz he can actually play and doesn't need to hide behind the gear? :-)

Hehehe. Naughty naughty delta.  #-o