hulika

Author Topic: Logic Pro 9 & Reason 5 Rewire MIDI Latency  (Read 816 times)

Offline Pope

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Logic Pro 9 & Reason 5 Rewire MIDI Latency
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

I recently started using Reason 5 rewired to Logic Pro 9. Am having some latency issues when controlling reason instruments with my Akai LPK25.

Here are the specs of my current gear: Mid '09 MBP 13" OSX(10.6.8) 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4G 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram, 500G HD, Logic Pro 9, Reason 5.

I'm using Logic as the main sequencer(+External Midi device routed to Reason 5 device then sent back to Logic through an Aux track). I also use waves plug-ins along with other 3rd party plugins.

I've tried setting the Audio Buffer Size to the Lowest(32) and it works with minimal latency when recording audio, however, am having latency issues when controlling reason instruments through my midi controller. Midi latency? Can't seem to figure it out.

In the meantime, I just make do with the latency then just post quantize. It can be tedious, and can ruin creative flow at times..

Am planning to make music with a lot of tracks which will probably be plugin-intensive as well. Will I need to upgrade to 8G Ram?

Also, I get this error every now and then when I playback in Logic that says "System Overload" or something to that intent.

Anyone have these issues or know how to fix it? I'd appreciate it very much. =)

Pope
" Both feet planted firmly on the clouds..."

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Logic Pro 9 & Reason 5 Rewire MIDI Latency
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
the lag has to do with your core audio drivers. from what i can see you are using native drivers from your MBP. if you got a dedicated audio interface like, say, the Apogee Duet 2, you'd improve your latency controlling the audio within Logic. the sys overload in Logic is related to your buffers being too low for your drivers. try raising it, you should find a spot where you don't get as much errors.

ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Pope

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Logic Pro 9 & Reason 5 Rewire MIDI Latency
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »
I see, hmmm, okay will try that.
Much appreciated, Thanks! :)
" Both feet planted firmly on the clouds..."