hulika

Author Topic: matching settings between pedals (DP)  (Read 2356 times)

Offline lavionski

• Philmusicus Noobitus
matching settings between pedals (DP)
« on: May 11, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
hey there, i just got a pearl p902 double pedals and i cant seem to match their settings.

i use the heel-toe technique and i cant do it with the left pedal even if i use my right foot, it feels like i dont get enough rebound on the left pedal. ill try to get some more info from you guys before messing with the settings again.

thanks for the reply.

Offline brokensticks

Re: matching settings between pedals (DP)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:39:50 PM »
no matter how much you tweak it, it nearly impossible to match their feel.
this is because there is energy and motion lost in the transfer of your foot action along the shaft of the double pedal.
the only double pedal which claims that they have no loss of transmission is Pearl's Demon Drive.
i haven't tried it though but i doubt if it has totally eliminated this slave pedal problem.
since you have a Pearl double pedal, try moving the spring assembly to the slave pedal and play it.
you will notice that the lag is more pronounced at this setting because as said earlier, their is energy and motion lost in the transmission shaft of the pedal. hope this helps

Offline glennaui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:06:26 PM »
no matter how much you tweak it, it nearly impossible to match their feel.
this is because there is energy and motion lost in the transfer of your foot action along the shaft of the double pedal.
the only double pedal which claims that they have no loss of transmission is Pearl's Demon Drive.
i haven't tried it though but i doubt if it has totally eliminated this slave pedal problem.
since you have a Pearl double pedal, try moving the spring assembly to the slave pedal and play it.
you will notice that the lag is more pronounced at this setting because as said earlier, their is energy and motion lost in the transmission shaft of the pedal. hope this helps

Nakuha ni Sir BrokenSticks... At isa pa, your feet has no equal power, one is always stronger than the other... So just set it in a way na comfortable both of your feet... :-)

Offline lavionski

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
yeah that figures. thanks for the replies. i got to start raising funds for demon drives. xD

Offline cinco05

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:33:14 PM »
yeah that figures. thanks for the replies. i got to start raising funds for demon drives. xD

>i think try mo mag axis pedal brad...
º "Beat your heart and soul" º
http://www.facebook.com/#!/
contact # 09334902503

Offline brokensticks

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »

try mo muna wag muna bumili. as said they only claim that. i haven't tried doubles nd Demon Drive.
best try mo muna baka kasi hindi naman totoo ang claim sayang ang funds

Offline lavionski

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
actually i'm getting the hang of it with my current ones. thinkin of getting some cow bells. :D

Offline shinobi_hand

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
adjust the tension on the slave tighter.
it should help with rebound.
make 3 or 4 rotations tighter then the right.
it will make your weaker foot stronger too.
"Put the south in your mouth."

Offline dreendroid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
OR you can try the traditional way....GET USED TO IT :)

And besides, it always work  :wink: I think... hehe

Offline ronjeremy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »
Since left foot kadalasan yung may lag pwede rin itweak mo yung pedal using only your left foot.how?first ifeel mo yung right side pedal using your left foot then try mo sa left naman(left foot parin ha) tapos itweak mo na..yun lang ang pinakamalapit na adjustment na magagawa mo sa bawat pedal,talagang may lag yang left tulad ng explanation ni Brokensticks.

Offline bitingdave

• Netizen Level
HELP: Pearl Elims double pedals - slave pedal really slow or gets stuck
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »
Mga paps, pa help naman.  Need sana ng advice how to fix the problem.  Iba na kasi performance ng slave pedal ko.  Whenever I try bouncing them back to observe "smoothness", the slave beater seems to stop in the middle after one or two bounces.  And more effort is needed whenever I'm using it. 

Kapag tinanggal ko naman yung drive shaft, smooth naman yung bounce nung slave beater.  And okay naman din yung rotation nung cam ng slave pedal.  So I'm thinking baka the problem is the drive shaft. 

Anybody else experienced this problem?  Any advice how to fix it? 
And a hero stands beneath the Faintest of light....capturing us all....come....

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »
Mga paps, pa help naman.  Need sana ng advice how to fix the problem.  Iba na kasi performance ng slave pedal ko.  Whenever I try bouncing them back to observe "smoothness", the slave beater seems to stop in the middle after one or two bounces.  And more effort is needed whenever I'm using it. 

Kapag tinanggal ko naman yung drive shaft, smooth naman yung bounce nung slave beater.  And okay naman din yung rotation nung cam ng slave pedal.  So I'm thinking baka the problem is the drive shaft. 

Anybody else experienced this problem?  Any advice how to fix it? 
hey there, i just got a pearl p902 double pedals and i cant seem to match their settings.

i use the heel-toe technique and i cant do it with the left pedal even if i use my right foot, it feels like i dont get enough rebound on the left pedal. ill try to get some more info from you guys before messing with the settings again.

thanks for the reply.
normal lang yun sir. yung force or motion kasi na dumadaloy na uubos talaga pag naka kabit yung drive shaft.  mas mabigat kasi yung dinadala pa balik ng spring. kaya  hindi ganun ka smooth o lakas yung balik ng beater.