hulika

Author Topic: The truth about having a custom guitar, or fixing project guitars...  (Read 5349 times)

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The truth about having a custom guitar, or fixing project guitars...
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »
:)
bisdak po sir.
paumanhin

paumanhin
try mo kaya English na lang? Yung lolo ko di mashado magaling sa tagalog pero hayug umingles. Baka ganun ka.

Offline milzer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:13 PM »
hayug

papa joel! anu meaning ng hayug?

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »
Hayug = hayop? Baka typo error lang.   :wave:
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
AMMK

mema  :-P

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »
Hayug. Lol. Nagdadrive kasi ako. Kulit din e.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
you don't have control over those hundreds of ready-made guitars. so for those who do very thorough research and know what they want, mas maganda pa ring direction yung custom over ready-made. mas may control ka sa specs.

agree, but to me this only applies to really good builders or boutique builders, as they know what and how to combine those different parts to make a beautiful sounding guitar.

for the ready made guitars, yepp there are a lot of bad ones, just look at my sig. yet you can choose the good sounding one before you buy it
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
Custom guitar - practically sky is the limit when you build one. problem is matching the wood for the neck and body (so many combinations for different "sounds") custom guitars are generally for people with sufficient knowledge regarding hardware,type of wood, pickups, etc. (just to make sure the person building you your dream guitar is not blowing smoke and trying to BS you for more cash) People tend to forget to research on the tonal property of the wood they will use before they actually have it built. I personally know this because I sold mine. I HATED IT. If you guys decide to go this route make sure to do your research. you dont want to spend a sh! tload of cash just to be disappointed with the final outcome. Go to your nearest guitar store and try out guitars with different wood (alder,basswood,mahogany etc)

Bnew guitar - i tried 5 american standard strats all the same except color. they all sounded different! i used the same amp same settings. my advice is try out different guitars of the same model. I'm sure anyone can tell the difference given that you play each guitar of the same model for a certain amount of time. or you can compare them side by side. whatever floats your boat.

2nd hand - In my opinion 2nd hand guitars have more soul to their sound. specially gibsons and fenders. you can really hear the difference. I may sound redundant but try out the guitar. I find it easier to connect to used old guitars.

To sum all this up in a nutshell research and try out the actual guitar. don't get blinded by brand names or signature guitars! If you really want a unique looking sounding 1 of a kind guitar then go custom!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:55:19 PM by vinCe-uv7bk »