hulika

Author Topic: Paul C. Timmy/Tim Overdrive users  (Read 4421 times)

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Paul C. Timmy/Tim Overdrive users
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
Paul claims it's best with EL34 loaded amps. Depends on the user.
uy paps san ka?  :-P call me

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
Yun o :)

Ayaw mo eh. So akin na lang. Hehehe!
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
Up lang natin tong thread na to. May tanong lang ako, kasi may nakita ako sa isang international add na nagbebenta ng two kinds of Timmy. Yung isa is the normal blue timmy, yung isa naman ay silver naman na timmy tapos nakalagay na with LM1458 Chip. Iniisip ko ano pagkakaiba.

As per checking with Mr.Google, mas rounded daw yung may LM1458 Chip. Tinatanggal nya yung harshness at talas ata? ng timmy. hehe di pa ako nakagamit ng Timmy, so iniisip ko ano ba mas ok. Probably by the end of this month (November) makakakuha na ko, either yung normal or yung may LM1458 Chip. kung ano lang mas ok.  :?
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Marami naman available LM1458 chip in case gusto mo mag try.
"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
Nice info. Will try the LM1458 soon.

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
As per checking with Mr.Google, mas rounded daw yung may LM1458 Chip. Tinatanggal nya yung harshness at talas ata? ng timmy. hehe di pa ako nakagamit ng Timmy, so iniisip ko ano ba mas ok. Probably by the end of this month (November) makakakuha na ko, either yung normal or yung may LM1458 Chip. kung ano lang mas ok.  :?

Yung gaspang or slight grit ng Timmy comes in after 12 o'clock on the gain knob. LM1458 does remove that little grit, and the chip can be bought from Alexan, if I remember correctly. Just get the stock Timmy; swappable naman ang op-amp chip & no need to solder.

If you cascade 2 od pedals and your other od is already smooth, no need to change the stock chip on the Timmy... Mas versatile for me to have one smooth and one gritty, and combination of the two. YMMV...

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »
Yung gaspang or slight grit ng Timmy comes in after 12 o'clock on the gain knob. LM1458 does remove that little grit, and the chip can be bought from Alexan, if I remember correctly. Just get the stock Timmy; swappable naman ang op-amp chip & no need to solder.

IMO, if you cascade 2 od pedals and your other od is already smooth, no need to change the stock chip on the Timmy... Mas versatile for me to have one smooth and one gritty, and combination of the two. YMMV...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:56:50 AM by vegetablejoe »

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:20 AM »
Up lang natin tong thread na to. May tanong lang ako, kasi may nakita ako sa isang international add na nagbebenta ng two kinds of Timmy. Yung isa is the normal blue timmy, yung isa naman ay silver naman na timmy tapos nakalagay na with LM1458 Chip. Iniisip ko ano pagkakaiba.

Yung cutting tone na yun ang gusto ko actually sa Tim. My default setting might be harsh for some amps, kaso yun nga di ba yung purpose ng treble cut knob?
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 10:48:25 AM »

If you cascade 2 od pedals and your other od is already smooth, no need to change the stock chip on the Timmy... Mas versatile for me to have one smooth and one gritty, and combination of the two. YMMV...

Nice.. Salamat, mukang mas ok nga na stock chip na timmy nalang kunin ko. I would stack it with Signa Drive. Medyo gritty sya, hehe so iniisip ko kung ok ba sila pag magkasama.  :)
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
Additional info that you may find useful (with response from Paul C. himself...)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1346211

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Hmmm...pardon the ignorance but the Timmy v2 (for lack of a better description) doesn't have an internal DIP switches to add gain, right?

The Signal site says the white one has it.  I couldn't find any other site discussing the white one that mentions it.  But if it does, plus the new look makes me want to get one.

Any ideas?

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 05:50:05 AM »
gassing for the tim  :)