hulika

Author Topic: Home Studio Rig  (Read 1459 times)

Offline cfrancisco

• Netizen Level
Home Studio Rig
« on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »
What's up folks?  Long time lurker here, decided to sign up a few weeks ago so i can see all the beautiful pictures that you guys post of your equipment.  I actually used to have an account back in 2002-2003 but wasn't really active.  I've recently, in the last few months, rekindled my love for the guitar. It kinda took a back seat when I picked up a couple other things to spend money on in 2004; photography and motorcycle racing.  Both are money pits, stay away if you can.  Anyway, I've been playing a lot more and have decided to build a home studio so I can at least try to create music instead of endless noodling without purpose.  I've searched the forums and didn't really find anything like the "show me your gear" thread so I though I'd start one.   Kindly take a picture of your recording set up and and put it up here.  I'm pretty new to this and really do not want to over do it.  I'm thinking about getting an Avid Protools 11 and 11 rack as the interface, a pair of JBL lsr305 active monitors, a Rhode NT1000 or NT1 condenser mic to start with. I also want to get a control surface but I want to see if I'm going to stick with this recording thing. 

Any input of my choices or recommendations are welcome! 

christian!

Offline reinramirez

Re: Home Studio Rig
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:34:50 PM »
Both are money pits
Ito rin chif, goodluck sa studio mo astig may ganyan sa bahay!

Offline cfrancisco

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
oo nga Rein. Phase lang siguro. Nag shift kasi yung interest ko. 4 years na ko nag quit from racing, after noon, pinickup ko naman piano. Na adik ako kay Chick Corea and Hiromi Uehara (check her out for you fusion fans...  sobrang galing na musician, sobrang mature ang compositions) at panay keyboard naman inatupag ko.  Balik nanaman ako sa guitar. Nag gas-gas nga ako doon sa charvel ni Guthrie Govan a month ago pero lumipas na din, nasasagwaan kasi ako sa tone nya eh. Ang nipis.

Curious lang ako kung ano meron mga tao dito.  Atsaka ang dami palang mga pro musicians dito.  Sarap siguro mag online colab.  Send lang ng DAW files.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »
Meron sir sa kabilang forum section na thread re: pics of recording gear or studio..
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=98071.0

Pero masaya nga rin makita yung studio ng ibang forumers na hindi naglulurk masyado sa section nay yun.

Welcome back sa philmusic.  :wave:

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »
hehe akala ko kanina guitar rig sa studio! hehe

Offline reinramirez

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »
gawin mo nalang chif yung setup ng inuman session para palaging masaya, reserve the recording to professional studios

Offline cfrancisco

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 03:15:56 PM »
oh, salamat man. Mas gusto ko din makita yung guitar specific recording chain ng mga kaibigan natin sa GC section.  Maliit lang yung budget ko for this. It's mainly for fun pero gusto ko ng pro results.  Gusto ko lang malaman yung experiences ng mga tao dito. 

Meron sir sa kabilang forum section na thread re: pics of recording gear or studio..
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=98071.0

Pero masaya nga rin makita yung studio ng ibang forumers na hindi naglulurk masyado sa section nay yun.

Welcome back sa philmusic.  :wave:

Offline cfrancisco

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
Magandang idea din to...

hehe akala ko kanina guitar rig sa studio! hehe

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 11:11:47 PM »
I'm currently using PRO TOOLS as my DAW. I'm running a MAC PRO with the 003 Rack + Audio Interface. I also have the 11 Rack and AxeFx2 for hardware amp and cab simulations. I'm also using Guitar Rig 5, PODfarm, and Amplitube.

And of course...some good ol' tube amps.

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »
  :-o

Offline cfrancisco

• Netizen Level
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »
Nice Rey.  Have a few questions. 

Have you tried using the 11 rack as an interface?  Do you know if there is any drop in sound quality or latency issues when compared to the 003?

Also, can you give your thoughts on performance and sound quality between the 11 and AxeFX?  Is it really worth spending more for the later?  Do you have any sound clips?  I don't really care about the presets, some people base their review on the stock presets that are built in. I want to know how useable the units are with getting what you want out of it.  Can you replace your tube amps with it is the question.

Would you recommend a control surface for someone like me who is strictly a hobbyist?  Does it help with work flow a lot?  What do you have?

Do you have a close up photo of your table with all the rack units? 

I'm currently using PRO TOOLS as my DAW. I'm running a MAC PRO with the 003 Rack + Audio Interface. I also have the 11 Rack and AxeFx2 for hardware amp and cab simulations. I'm also using Guitar Rig 5, PODfarm, and Amplitube.
[