hulika

Author Topic: Single fader control surface na locally available  (Read 5411 times)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Single fader control surface na locally available
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »
Meyron kaya control mo sa screen na lang?  :roll:

sir mag sanay ka na lang ng keyboard commands much easier at cheaper hehe.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2006, 03:04:29 PM »
Meyron kaya control mo sa screen na lang?  :roll:

yes Hunter, meron.  one of my clients mentioned this to me. he is a graphic designer and they are currently handling a wacom account, or some other well known pen tablet company.  this particular tablet costs 160k according to him.  :-o
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:08:20 PM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »
Yeh. It's known as the Cintiq.

I use a Wacom Graphire instead of a mouse. Much faster than mouse input.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »
Yeh. It's known as the Cintiq.

I use a Wacom Graphire instead of a mouse. Much faster than mouse input.

Kit, I can relate:) Ever since I started using a Wacom (Intuos3) for my PS CS and Painter work, I never really looked back.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 11:48:54 AM »
how does a Wacom Graphire differ from using a mouse?!
sorry i've never had the experience of tryingh it or seeing it being used 

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »
how does a Wacom Graphire differ from using a mouse?!
sorry i've never had the experience of tryingh it or seeing it being used 

its actually much easier kasi unlike the mouse kailangan mo pa iroam aroud to get the pointer where u want it unlike the wacom its like having ur screen on the tablet just by using the stylus and much easier to manouver.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
The next best thing is the Behringer BCF2000. It gives you 8 motorized faders and 8 knobs. I saw one in Joint Venture for a little more than 15k.

Bossing KitC im planning to GAS up again with this piece of hardware. What are the CONS of this gear? Most of the reviews i read bout this eh Panalo naman.

Tnx

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 03:12:30 PM »
You can only run it in Mackie Emulation mode in Sonar and with most DAWs, I believe. Doesn't matter, though. There's a very long thread in the Sonar Forums about it. Here are a couple:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=879930&mpage=1&key=bcf2000&#880074
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=717462&mpage=1&key=bcf2000&#717462

Here's an excerpt I got from the Sonar Forums and I saved to a text file:

"bitman,

You won't regret it. It's great and it is awsome to use.

Just read the manual and then throw it away because it won'thelp you one bit !!!

If you want to learn how to use the BCF2000 just follow these steps and you will be a pro in one night.

Number 1. download the latest version of the Mackie Contols Surface plugin Sonar update link(http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=463077)

Number 2, download the latest drivers from Behringer for your BCF2000 to work well with your PC

Install software:

First install on your PC the USB MIDI driver (V 1.1.1.1) for WINDOWS XP/2000 and cut off the PC.HERE from Behringer (http://www.behringer.com/_software/BCF_BCR2000-1.1.1.1.zip)

Second, plug in your BCF2000 and boot up the PC again. Turn on the BCF2000 while holding down the Fourth FLAT button on the TOP ROW (from left to right). This button places the controller in Sonar mode.

Third, download and install the Firmware Update utility HERE (http://www.behringer.com/_software/Update_Utility.zip) from Behringer

Fourth, Download the BCF2000 V1.10 Firmware and install it with the firmware update utility. HERE (http://www.behringer.com/_software/bcf2000_1-10.zip) from Behringer

Fifth, downlod the free “virtual display”, which simulates Mackie/Logic-display on the screen of your Windows computer HERE from Behringer (http://www.behringer.com/_software/BCFview.zip) You must always open the viewer before opening Sonar, or you won't see anythin in the viewer.

Lastly, download the functions for Mackie Control Emulation using the BCF2000. HERE from Behringer (http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/bcf2000_107.zip) They are in a Zipped folder for the 1.07 firmware. Remove the PDF and delete the 1.07 firmware because it's old. Look for the template marked Sonar 3, and these are the BCF2000 controls for working with Sonar versions 3 - 5. It does work with Sonar 2 as well.

Tip: when you place the BCF2000 in Mackie mode for Sonar, you can't edit the functionality of it, and you won't need to after you discover all you can do with the mackie emulation mode. Also, ALWAYS turn the BCF2000 on before you start Sonar and and ALWAYS close Sonar before you turn off the BCF2000. failure to do this will prevent Sonar from locating your device, and you will have to Setup Mackie Mode in Sonar again.

In Sonar, you have to first Identify the BCF2000, so go to Options > Midi devices and hightlight BCF2000[01]. Now you must tell Sonar to make it emulate the Mackie. Go to Options > select control surface (bottom of list) and click the gold star, now set up for Mackie emulation ~~> Control surface = Mackie Contol, In Port = BCF2000 [01] and out port = BCF2000 [01]. After that is done, click on Tools > Mackie Control and the Mackie Control page will open. F1 - F8 will be used as additional features ( my Console view opens when I press my Controller key that represents F8 and I have my Loop view open when I press my Controller F2 button). Set what you like. Under options on the left side, select the last three boxes only. This is so the Fader touch selects the channel and the select button on the BCF will follow on the screen. A and and B are for Foot pedals. I have "A" set for Recording when I am busy playing the keyboard and don't want to press the record transport button the the BCF00, I just step on my pedal and the armed tracks start recording.

Have fun.

Peace "
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
Tnx uli. youve been a great help on my GASsing up :) :mrgreen:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2006, 04:11:38 PM »
just got off the phone with electronics depot.

kaya daw ng 13.5k hehehe panalo to! :)