hulika

Author Topic: Adrenalinn users, anyone?  (Read 925 times)

Offline plissken

Adrenalinn users, anyone?
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Hi guys! Have any of you owned or experienced using Adrenalinn (1,2 or 3 version)?

Sent from Nokia 3210 LTE

Jesus is my music!

Offline Gibson78

• Veteran Member
Re: Adrenalinn users, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
I had a version 3 before - great pedal, amazing sounds. I got it for the time/beat sequenced effects, but I sold it because I wasn't really using it too much. IMO, you really have to get the FCB 1010 with the eurekaprom chip in order to use it's full potential. As is, it's really hard to switch banks/patches, do tap tempo, etc. with just 2 footswitches. A cheaper option would be to buy the M-Audio Black Box (if you can find some on sale on ebay). Same Roger Linn FX, cheaper pedal.

Cheers and Beers!

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »
I have a v3 (upgrade from a v2). It has footswitches, but I regard it more as a tabletop device rather than a stompbox. It's somewhat unwieldy as part of a pedalboard. I think John Mayer has like three of these things in his rig, probably so neither he or his techs won't have to worry about fiddling with it. But the pedal is very rewarding once you figure it out and are able to live with how it changes your "clean" signal. It also reacts differently with external amp or amp sims and distortions. It's own amp sims are nowhere near as good as those from, say, Line 6 or Boss. But that's not what the Adrenalinn is meant for. Many of the beat-synched effects remain unique to the Adrenalinn to this day.

I don't actually use mine so much, either. But when I do, I keep it in the effects loop of my Line 6 POD HD500, so I can bypass it and not deal with how it colors my sound when I don't want to.

I also have the M-Audio Black Box. It only has a small fraction of the Adrenalinn's effects. But if you're only after the popular sounds of the Adrenalinn, it might be a better choice.

Honestly, I'm more interested now with the software plugin, Adrenalinn Sync, which I hope to purchase soon.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline plissken

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »
I had a version 3 before - great pedal, amazing sounds. I got it for the time/beat sequenced effects, but I sold it because I wasn't really using it too much. IMO, you really have to get the FCB 1010 with the eurekaprom chip in order to use it's full potential. As is, it's really hard to switch banks/patches, do tap tempo, etc. with just 2 footswitches. A cheaper option would be to buy the M-Audio Black Box (if you can find some on sale on ebay). Same Roger Linn FX, cheaper pedal.

Cheers and Beers!

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from Nokia 3210 LTE

Jesus is my music!

Offline plissken

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:46:05 PM »
I have a v3 (upgrade from a v2). It has footswitches, but I regard it more as a tabletop device rather than a stompbox. It's somewhat unwieldy as part of a pedalboard. I think John Mayer has like three of these things in his rig, probably so neither he or his techs won't have to worry about fiddling with it. But the pedal is very rewarding once you figure it out and are able to live with how it changes your "clean" signal. It also reacts differently with external amp or amp sims and distortions. It's own amp sims are nowhere near as good as those from, say, Line 6 or Boss. But that's not what the Adrenalinn is meant for. Many of the beat-synched effects remain unique to the Adrenalinn to this day.

I don't actually use mine so much, either. But when I do, I keep it in the effects loop of my Line 6 POD HD500, so I can bypass it and not deal with how it colors my sound when I don't want to.

I also have the M-Audio Black Box. It only has a small fraction of the Adrenalinn's effects. But if you're only after the popular sounds of the Adrenalinn, it might be a better choice.

Honestly, I'm more interested now with the software plugin, Adrenalinn Sync, which I hope to purchase soon.

Thanks for sharing. I also have an HD500. I will definitely try out the effects loop set up when I get to have one.

Sent from Nokia 3210 LTE

Jesus is my music!