hulika

Author Topic: Gibson Les Paul Inquiry [ Mods please help delete the post ]  (Read 1266 times)

Offline genzky

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Gibson Les Paul Inquiry [ Mods please help delete the post ]
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »
[EDIT]
I would like to issue an apology to the owner of the guitar I posted yesterday ( a member of the Philmusic community who's username I shall not mention ) for not asking for his permission to post these pictures. To the mods, please help me delete this post.

The guitar, as the community points out, is a legitimate Gibson Les Paul Studio. Thanks Philmusic.

Thank you to the owner of the guitar for being an awesome guy and not flame me for my ignorance. I shall learn from this mistake.
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:17:25 AM by genzky »

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
Re: Need help spotting fake Gibson Les Paul
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:05:42 PM »
That is definitely legit. But if I were you, I'd keep the RG550, unless you're really gassing for a nice Les Paul.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline genzky

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »
That is definitely legit. But if I were you, I'd keep the RG550, unless you're really gassing for a nice Les Paul.

Thank you for the immediate reply.

Do you think the RG550 is so much better than this LP? Something at the back of my head screams the same thing. In what ways does my RG outmatch the LP Studio? Thanks!

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
Thank you for the immediate reply.

Do you think the RG550 is so much better than this LP? Something at the back of my head screams the same thing. In what ways does my RG outmatch the LP Studio? Thanks!

I don't want to say one outmatches the other. For me, they're both good guitars. What will matter is your preference. Do you like double-locking tremolo equipped guitar or do you prefer a fixed bridge one? Do you want the feel of the neck on the LP or do you want a faster neck? And so on.

Btw, everything looks good aside from that serial number. Why is there some residue on top of it? And does it have papers? Would be great if it still had those.

Offline magtataho7

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »
Uy, wraparound tailpiece. Sarap
BLAH

Offline precisionguided

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »
It looks top wrapped, not wraparound...

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »
It looks top wrapped, not wraparound...

Correct.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:48:54 PM »
Looks legit!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline genzky

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
I would like to issue an apology to the owner of the guitar I posted yesterday ( a member of the Philmusic community who's username I shall not mention ) for not asking for his permission to post these pictures. To the mods, please help me delete this post.

The guitar, as the community points out, is a legitimate Gibson Les Paul Studio. Thanks Philmusic.

Thank you to the owner of the guitar for being an awesome guy and not flame me for my ignorance. I shall learn from this mistake.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:17:42 AM by genzky »

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
Re: Gibson Les Paul Inquiry [ Mods please help delete the post ]
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
The forum and the forumers are here to help. I hope no harm was done on both parties. Locked, but will keep the thread for reference.

Good evening guys. :-)