hulika

Author Topic: I want my band to record drums from a pro studio then I will record the rest  (Read 1431 times)

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
Due to time constraint, budget limitation, location, conflicting sound and personal tone preference within the band, it is kind of hard to coordinate within ourselves plus our pro recording engineer to record our materials.

So I have an idea just to record drums from the studio and take the raw files home with me and Ill record the rest.
Why:
I have no drum set at home.
I cannot build or do not have the urge to build a studio
As I guitarist, I have an experience recording on my own in the bedroom. Been doing it since high school and now I have been practicing more about recording lately.

But:
Since I am not a professional and lack some knowledge, my question is, it is a good idea to pay to record drums from a professional studio and just take it home and Ill do the rest? At least it will be on our own time and location is considerably remote. I will have my own time to master our recorded tracks.

And last question. Do you know any studio that will release only the drum tracks within QC or nearby

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
A lot of bands do that, man. Check out Redverb Studios sa matatag/matalino street. Text mo sa 09088198010 and tell them Jam sent you for discounts!  :lol:

(disclaimer: the songs in my links were NOT recorded there) 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:53:22 AM by rrmode1 »

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
I think all studios nowadays can release just individual drum tracks.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline Wild Grass Studios

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Due to time constraint, budget limitation, location, conflicting sound and personal tone preference within the band, it is kind of hard to coordinate within ourselves plus our pro recording engineer to record our materials.

So I have an idea just to record drums from the studio and take the raw files home with me and Ill record the rest.
Why:
I have no drum set at home.
I cannot build or do not have the urge to build a studio
As I guitarist, I have an experience recording on my own in the bedroom. Been doing it since high school and now I have been practicing more about recording lately.

But:
Since I am not a professional and lack some knowledge, my question is, it is a good idea to pay to record drums from a professional studio and just take it home and Ill do the rest? At least it will be on our own time and location is considerably remote. I will have my own time to master our recorded tracks.

And last question. Do you know any studio that will release only the drum tracks within QC or nearby
Ok magrecord ng drums sa pro-studio. Regarding sa pagrecord sa bahay ng ibang tracks, if you're satisfied sa recording mo sa house why not? Consider mo lang room sound especially when recording vocals. And regarding mixing/mastering, if you know what you're doing or you're willing to go the long route of learning how to achieve a good sound, why not? Although for mastering you can look for a dedicated mastering studio as well.

If you want a good sounding room (big room with good sound proofing/acoustic treatment) check out www.wildgrassstudio.com Sa Roces Ave QC lang

Offline d_one

and tell them Jam sent you for discounts!  :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, my band recorded all our stuff in that studio too. The man offers budget-friendly recording packages, actually you might be surprised at the rates.

Anyway, tell RJ that Dennis reffered you too for more discounts! haha