hulika

Author Topic: Rave Electronics Sinusoid Phaser Reviews??  (Read 878 times)

Offline bottomdrop

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Rave Electronics Sinusoid Phaser Reviews??
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:32:45 AM »
Been very curious with this pedal. Tumingin ako ng reviews sa youtube pero wala pang nakakagawa ng review na talagang clear yung audio, so di ko exactly ma-appreciate yung pedal.

Thoughts on this pedal?

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Rave Electronics Sinusoid Phaser Reviews??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:25 AM »
I bought one brand new around 2011, It was Version 1. it's supposedly voiced/designed after the MXR phase 90 and can be tweaked or switched into sort of a phase 90 script mode.

Version 2 is supposedly redesigned to be more efficient with switching between the 2 modes I think.
What I really liked is that Ron made 2 switches so you can easily switch between 2 distinct phaser presets/rates, so it's virtually 2 phaser pedals in 1 enclosure. A huge convenience if you ask me, saves a lot of space on the pedalboard.

Never really compared it to the phase 90 directly but I can say that the Sinusoid sounds awesome. It can go anywhere from subtle sparkly tones to thick and sticky psychedelic noises that's great for both cleans and dirt tones. On cleans, I JUST LOVE it especially in the vintage/ univibe mode.

Quality-wise I think it's solidly built. In the looks department, what's not to like? it has a simple yet great looking enclosure. Overall, you do get what you pay for.

I hope this helps you out. :wave:

Offline bottomdrop

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »
Thanks for that review! That does seem convincing. What really made me interested in it is the function din eh, specifically the rate swap. It reminds me of the SIB Fazeadelic pedal, but I think this Sinusoid has its own uniqueness cause of its univibe option. Im really considering getting one. Are there any cons in it though?

Offline david_leyson

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:11:30 PM »
I have Version 1 and thinking it'll stay for a little longer for now, rate swap is really helpful when it comes to quick rate switching, as i use it:

- quick rate swaps
- great quality built
- warm sounding though it's a little different on a MXR Phaser
- many options of phase rates because of the switch for the sinusoid effect
- doesn't color my tone

AFAIK mine doesn't have any battery option to be powered, i only use my PSU all the time. that's the only con if you'll ask me. this one is versatile, strong and easy to tweak.

Hope this helps
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.