hulika

Author Topic: Help! Fret buzz in 1st Fret  (Read 827 times)

Offline peter.6strings

Help! Fret buzz in 1st Fret
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »
I just a new Jackson Dinky guitar and the 1st fret is buzzing. How to fix it?  :cry:
I've tried heightening the bridge saddle and adjusting the intonation and nothing changed. Nawawala lang ang buzz kapag pinipindot ko ng matindi yung fret.

My only option left is adjusting the truss rod which i havent been touched in any of my guitars  before :lol: should i loosen it or tighten it? And also the nut is kinda bit high.

TYI

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Help! Fret buzz in 1st Fret
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »
shim sa nut

nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »
Check if the nut is too low. Press on the third fret on the problem strings. Then check if there is a gap formed by the bottom of the strings between the nut and second fret, and the top of the first fret. There should be a very, very small gap there, but it should never touch completely. If there is no gap, then the nut might need shimming (i.e. putting a couple of layers of paper under the nut to increase the height in the case of a locking nut).

Offline peter.6strings

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
Salamat po sa mga comments sir.  :-D

Fixed na po yung fret buzz sir. Sa truss rod lng po talaga na fixed masyadong mahigpit.