hulika

Author Topic: for the full-drive fans out there  (Read 3776 times)

Offline vic_6

• Board Moderator
for the full-drive fans out there
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:28:18 AM »
check this out. looks really interesting :)

way too much GAS, way too little cash

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: for the full-drive fans out there
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 09:53:57 AM »
souped up tubescreamer.

didn't deltaslim have one?
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:13:55 AM »
souped up tubescreamer.

didn't deltaslim have one?

Still do.  Wala akong gear na sinasanto, any time pwede ko pakawalan if I need GAS funds or grow tired of them.  Pero this MOSFET FD2 and my Tim have been my main OD pedals for almost a year na... and I'm still discovering and learning how to make the best use of them in different situations w/ different gtrs and amps.

It is based on a TS but also expands on the TS concept, design- and tone-wise.  There is an OD setting that is TS-ish but there is another that's more transparent.  Comp cut is very good and can give the Klon Centaur a run for its money.  I understand Mike Fuller incorporated all the little 'updates' he made to the Fulldrive and put it all in this box. 

Vic - check mo na lang full review ko sa HC.  Or try mine when we see each other again.  I do have soundclick clips.  Some of my gigs on youtube are with that FD2, incl these recent two:

All in my IMHO of course, as a blueser fond of vintage tones for reference.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:19:33 AM »
yes. an "IMHO" disclaimer is important. especially for you.  :lol:
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 10:22:25 AM »
yes..i saw slim's actual unit..it's eyecandy. sayang i wasn;t able to hear him play through it. will save for that...hehe

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »
cno po yung naka tele sa video ? hehehe parang pamilyar  :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »
yes. an "IMHO" disclaimer is important. especially for you.  :lol:

i'm the new "favorite whipping boy" cuz i gots nothing but opinions... based on gear that i don't own anymore...   ;-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 10:30:51 AM »

hehe... inducted member na namin yan.  but he can't always be in all the gigs.  i wish nga nakahabol siya sa Blueskrieg cd, for some tasty guitar and harp work.  it's dangerous fun to jam with him!   :wink:

speaking of which, nood kayo ng "Blue Christmas" party/concert tonight at Conspiracy, Visayas Ave 9pm up if you wanna see us (and Blue Rats, Soul Benders, and Snakecharmer) have 'dangerous fun'.   ;-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 12:33:39 PM »

hehe... inducted member na namin yan.  but he can't always be in all the gigs.  i wish nga nakahabol siya sa Blueskrieg cd, for some tasty guitar and harp work.  it's dangerous fun to jam with him!   :wink:

speaking of which, nood kayo ng "Blue Christmas" party/concert tonight at Conspiracy, Visayas Ave 9pm up if you wanna see us (and Blue Rats, Soul Benders, and Snakecharmer) have 'dangerous fun'.   ;-)

OOPS! You were referring to Nathan pala... Kala ko yung naka-weird guitar!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »

ehehe yeah yung naka tele si nathan nga... ehehe everyone here knows kakoi  :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »

of course, sir, alam ko yun. nakikisakay lang ako sa joke nyo.  :-D

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 12:54:56 PM »

of course, sir, alam ko yun. nakikisakay lang ako sa joke nyo.  :-D

ehehe yung drummer niyo parang pamilyar din eh ehehe napanood ko na yata sa myx yun eh  :wink:

Offline toybitz

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »
pogi noh Bugoy!
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 02:45:42 PM »
pogi noh Bugoy!

Mas pogi kung naka Fred Flintstones outfit...  ;-)

Bro, ano xmas costume mo? Di na pwede yung Fred "duster" mo with matching metal boots!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »
pogi noh Bugoy!

Mas pogi kung naka Fred Flintstones outfit...  ;-)

Bro, ano xmas costume mo? Di na pwede yung Fred "duster" mo with matching metal boots!

eheheh oo pwedeng pwede kaso yung outfit mo di bagay sa tugtugan eh ehehe naka bonet ka kc  :mrgreen: ehehe
sana pde makijam sa firebotlle pag absent si bitoy  :-D

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 06:20:11 PM »
i've sampled delta's and i'd give an arm and a leg for one of these souped up tubescreamers. :-D :-D

ay mali. useless na pala pag arm and leg. 2 little toes na lang. or all the pedals i have. minus the keeleys. and the gt8. and the sobbat.

so that leaves just the ultra fuzz :-D :-D

kidding. i've never really liked tubescreamers. i've always been into more "open" sounding ods. nung jam/practice where i was able to sample it, everytime i thought i'd found my favorite setting on it, i'd discover something i like too. tas eventually i ended up with a tubescreamer sound that i really liked and i told delta about it. tas when he looked down at my settings sabi nya "tubescreamer setting na yan e" :-D :-D

ok. so gusto ko pala ng tubescreamers. basta tubescreamer na ganyan ang itsura and tunog.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 01:05:16 AM »
i've sampled delta's and i'd give an arm and a leg for one of these souped up tubescreamers. :-D :-D

ay mali. useless na pala pag arm and leg. 2 little toes na lang. or all the pedals i have. minus the keeleys. and the gt8. and the sobbat.

so that leaves just the ultra fuzz :-D :-D

kidding. i've never really liked tubescreamers. i've always been into more "open" sounding ods. nung jam/practice where i was able to sample it, everytime i thought i'd found my favorite setting on it, i'd discover something i like too. tas eventually i ended up with a tubescreamer sound that i really liked and i told delta about it. tas when he looked down at my settings sabi nya "tubescreamer setting na yan e" :-D :-D

ok. so gusto ko pala ng tubescreamers. basta tubescreamer na ganyan ang itsura and tunog.

hehe... over my dead body... and cold fingers...

lahat naman ng TS type pedals may binabagayn. in my experience, strats and teles (or LPs w/ P90s) pair best with it.  sa FD2, best if you're on comp cut if you use an LP and an already dirty amp.

but the Tim.... now that's a pedal perfect for LP w/ HBs.  i heard someone else (messyhands) play through it and it was proof of my initial impression w/ my own gtrs.

all IMHO!  YMMV.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 01:05:13 PM »
yup looks killer that FD2... 8-)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 06:40:56 AM »
i liked slim's so much i think i'll be getting one soon too. the original though. not the 10th anniv. yung may asin.