hulika

Author Topic: Ordering tubes online in US?  (Read 619 times)

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ordering tubes online in US?
« on: October 03, 2015, 06:35:51 PM »
Guys, is it safe to ship tubes from US to here Phils? Any packaging tips to avoid damage? Are tubes really fragile? I am planning to order tube set online and ship them via couriers like Johnny Air etc.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline Master At Arms

Re: Ordering tubes online in US?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:28:51 AM »
US retailers are pretty good about packaging fragile items. If possible, I would contact your vendor and ask if it's possible to double-box the tubes. One thing you can try is getting a sales engineer from Sweetwater and having him do it for you. Those guys are some of the best customer service pros in the bizz.

Tubes themselves usually come in flimsy packaging like this:

If you're going to use Johhny's Air, same deal: contact mo sila sa NY and see if they can special package your tubes for you. You can always try and ask them, doesn't hurt to drop them an email and find out.

--OR do what I did, I just had a relative in the States buy a bunch of stuff and pack it in cargo box. It'll take longer, mga 40-70 days depende sa cargo forwarder, and a little more expensive. Pero.. you can pack quite a bit of stuff in a cargo box. I recommend Forex. Very good sila. A thing to consider though is the recent BOC b.s. going on with balikbayan boxes and cargo. Keep that in mind.

Anyway, just my input. If I had any extra tubes, I woulda hooked you up. Kaso wala.

I hope you get your tubes bro. :)

MA
“Now I see that I will never find the light
Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel,
Consuming myself.” - Bruce Lee https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007963455307

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
What kind of tubes do you need? I may have some here I can let go of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
Thanks Sirs. Mas makakamura pala ako kung kay spudmusic ako kukuha ng tube set. less risky pa.

Ang problem ko na lang ay kung saan ako kukuha ng 12ay7 locally. Mukhang sa kamaganak from US na lang ako magpapaship. mas safe.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!