hulika

Author Topic: Tele Project: Humbucking your Tele  (Read 749 times)

Offline blackberry04

• Netizen Level
Tele Project: Humbucking your Tele
« on: August 29, 2015, 08:38:24 PM »
Hi pips! Has anyone of you tried modifying your tele from S-S to S-H or H-H setup? I know it would kill the S-S essence of a tele, but this is just for those who want to experiment on their guitar.  :)

I've been on guitar playing hiatus for some time now, more on DIY stuff now so try ko pagdiskitahan tong Tele ko. Also I'm not satisfied on singlecoils.

So if you've done this, or know someone, feel free to post it here. We can discuss your WIPS, materials and other stuff.

P.S. : Kindly inform me if there are similar threads like this. Thanks!

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tele Project: Humbucking your Tele
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »
I put in rail pickup on the bridge and a PAF on the neck. Made for some variety , tone-wise, as I also have another Tele set up with SCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Yup Humbucker(with 4 wires) on both Neck and Bridge. Mods for SINGLE coils via PushPull Pots. Routing also is needed. Goodluck.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »
No worries about losing the single coil tone properties of a Tele. You can always split the coils of your humbucker via volume/tone push-pull pots.

"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker