hulika

Author Topic: Question about POD Farm 2.5 Platinum  (Read 1218 times)

Offline BFMVGitarista

• Netizen Level
Question about POD Farm 2.5 Platinum
« on: December 30, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
Hi, how can I buy a copy of POD Farm 2.5 Platinum? I already have the money but I don't have a credit card. I still have to wait two years before I can apply for one. My parents won't let me use theirs because they think I'm just "wasting money on a piece of software". Is there another way for me to get a copy?

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Question about POD Farm 2.5 Platinum
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:36:59 PM »
Ah... it's very unfortunate for your parents to think so.

I'm not sure if I can be helpful, but unless you own a Line 6 interface, is there any particular reason why you want POD Farm? For $300, there are quite a number of other options available.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:50:48 PM »
If you're serious, I'm sure there's a lot of folks who can help you out. Cash in hand is a very powerful thing. ^-^
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline BFMVGitarista

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 11:44:39 AM »
I only have 200$ because I'm planning to buy the standard to platinum upgrader. My POD GX came with POD Farm 2.5 standard. Is anyone here in PhilMusic selling a copy? I read that a single copy can be installed on four computers at once.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »
Someone used to sell the add-on packs. But that was years ago.

Then again, I bought the packs from him, and after a year, they strangely disappeared from my account, lol. I don't know what you play, but as someone who likes playing with effects, I actually didn't miss those packs that much. Even at $200, I do think you have better options than POD Farm. I'm a little disappointed that Line 6 hasn't refreshed POD Farm. It's already been years since they released the HD models and M effects, both of which I think are superior to anything POD Farm offers.

Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »
Paypal?

Offline BFMVGitarista

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
I've tried multiple modelling softwares (I pirated them, but just for testing purposes) and I think POD Farm is the best. Line 6 doesn't accept Paypal unfortunately.

Offline BFMVGitarista

• Netizen Level
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »
Hmm... looks like I'll just go with BIAS Professional (pirated it, but JUST FOR TESTING). Thanks PhilMusic.  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:14:51 PM by BFMVGitarista »

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »
How's Bias Pro? I've been holding off on getting it since I invested a lot in Amplitube and Guitar Rig.

Offline kirov

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »
How's Bias Pro? I've been holding off on getting it since I invested a lot in Amplitube and Guitar Rig.

You can download the demo.
Sex is like pizza: there's no such thing as bad pizza. Sure there is cold pizza, pizza that makes you sick, unenthusianstic meaningless pizza, and pizza that you won't get a second time. But nothing will ever make you stop wanting pizza.

Offline JunIbasco

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 01:23:57 PM »

I got the demo and I liked it. Bought it right away. I've used Guitar rig and pod farm for years. This is way better IMHO.