hulika

Author Topic: SX Tele or Squier Tele?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline crisrian

• Philmusicus Noobitus
SX Tele or Squier Tele?
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
Any personal experience on both guitars?
Which one is much better po?
Baguhan pa lang po ako sa gitara, gusto kong bumili ng gitara na pang baguhan pero gusto sempre yung sulit yung pera ko. =)
Madami na akong narinig na mas okay daw ang sx tele kesa sa squier?
ano po ang masasabi nio?

Thanks and God bless!

Offline sgt_chibog

Re: SX Tele or Squier Tele?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
it depends on your budget :)  pag under 10k SX's are better daw. pero pag 15k and above squier na daw :) (yung mga Vintage modified's) and the classic vibe series from squier are comparable to MIM fenders :)

pero that's just my opinion :?
IG|Twitter: @aaaagar

Offline janjan0416

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »
both! pero i own squier tele standard.. Basta busisiin mo lang mabuti pag pipili at bibili ka. Ung tele ko kasi sa sobrang tuwa ko nung binili ko di ko nakita ung deperensya sa neck connecting sa fretboard. Parang may lagpas na edge na makakapa mo when im playing, parang di maayos ung pagkaka-dikit nung fretboard sa kahoy parang may "siwang" ,, pero so far wala naman epekto sa tunog or pag gigigtara ko. Expect ko nalang kasi "made in china" hehehe.. Anyway, payo ko lang bago bumili maging mapanuri sa bawat detalye at sulok ng gitara.

Good luck & God bless!

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »
i have an SX tele which was a gift from my wife 3 years ago. Replaced most of it's hardware as it sounded quite crap when stock. Love the weight and the feel of the neck is quite mediocre. Have tried a Squire (forgot the model) and I feel that the neck is much more superior in terms of build quality than my SX but the price are miles away. So I guess SX can be at par from the budget Squires, which is still much more expensive than SX.  :)

Overall the SX tele is a good guitar to start with if your on a budget. Just remember to try some first and choose the best one you can find.

Offline jamesplaysguitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »

^ I agree with this one though, Price also is an issue if your just starting, but SX and squiers are also for Pro's. Seen a lot who used it. I have an SX tele and have used a Squier tele. Squier has the upper hand on the hardware and electronics. But a stock SX can be also good what I dont like is the Neck pickup of the SX. Too bassy and the bridge is too trebly but thats just my personal preference. Squiers are ok on sound but kinda dull to my taste. What matters most also is what amp are you using. A good amp can make a bad guitar sound good. A bad amp can make your good guitar sound bad. Also check that one.

What I'm using right now for gigs is my SX tele modified of course (changed pickups, pots, bridge saddles and added a .22 orange cap), I compared it to a U.S made standard Fender Strat by a friend of mine and still I can match its tone and clarity.

Better yet test the guitars with a good amp. Hear and feel it for yourself and research. What matters is it matches the sound in your head.   
References:Monsceb,mondemonle,jgaluno,omegared15,r_chino18,bhaahchico,drew asuncion,obetski,ger02,balakubak,pitongjerome,riccaliolio,kurtcobainer,benjiemusic,dreadhead,bananagrahamskyflakes,lespaul888,redjaztin,tsunamic,caraboyman,Shkc,Vanhatred and more

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 03:29:24 AM »
SX para may pera ka pa pang pro setup.

that'll play better and even be cheaper than a squier. and it'll be a keeper i'm telling you.

later na yung mods.
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline elfenliedagain

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 03:49:34 AM »
SX para may pera ka pa pang pro setup.

that'll play better and even be cheaper than a squier. and it'll be a keeper i'm telling you.

later na yung mods.

...and you'll be paying a hella lot more before you could find something better. SX got some good wood

Offline jhule77

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
Got me a Squier VM thinline. Happy with it immensely. Medyo nahihilig ksi ako ke Johnny Lang and Tab Benoit and i am able to make the squier sound a little like the mentioned artists' thinlines.
Not sure if it is true but a luthier once told me na squiers have blemished necks that got them to what they are - a Squier. If it were not for those "mata" or " eyes" in the grain, the same plank of wood would be packaged and stamped a Fender logo.

I have yet to play an SX though. I will reserve my remarks until after i tried one. For now let us all be "grateful"  for these entry to mid range guitars that sound decent off the box and could be had at a fraction of the cost.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:29:23 AM by jhule77 »