hulika

Author Topic: help:Amp speakers  (Read 1980 times)

Offline aden

help:Amp speakers
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
Good day,

do you know where can i get celestion speakers locally? I'm planning to upgrade my cab soon.

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:08:24 PM by aden »
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: help:Celestion speakers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:11 PM »
JB music is supposedly carrying Celestion speakers, but I haven't seen any Vintage30 sa mga JB branches na napuntahan ko near south.

On a side note, you can also look at Eminence (made in USA) speakers at Lyric. Good price. Good sound. Nice people.

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 01:07:24 PM »
Yes. Buy my cab, its loaded with em. Hehe. Seriously, like what chino said. Jb
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:14:58 PM »
I'm selling my Vintage 30. 16 ohms. It's in excellent condition. Just send me a message if you're interested.

Eminence speakers are available locally as well.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »
Yes. Buy my cab, its loaded with em. Hehe. Seriously, like what chino said. Jb

I swear, if only my room was at least twice or thrice bigger, I would not hold myself back from getting your 2x12. Killer deal.

Offline aden

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
thanks guys...

i'm considering celestion greenback but i'll look at the vintage 30s as well.

@poundcake what's the difference between 8? and 16ohm speaker? i think my head is capable of running 4 8 and 16 ohm speakers.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »
thanks guys...

@poundcake what's the difference between 8? and 16ohm speaker? i think my head is capable of running 4 8 and 16 ohm speakers.

Nothing substantial. Still the same voicing. Still the same magnet used. But some people say that the 16-ohm Vintage 30 is a wee bit brighter than the 8-ohm version. But again, same voicing.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
thanks guys...

Go for 8ohms for a 1x12 or two 16 ohm speakers for 2x12.  Most amps handle 8 ohm loads kaya less issues with compatibility.

Offline aden

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 08:14:06 AM »
Thanks guys!

for those who suggested the eminence speaker im looking at the cannabis rex for that clean tone..hehe..

any comments on this one?

sorry mod..ot na ung thread..

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
^^

I do not know if available na yan sa atin. I think 4 variants pa lang ang meron..

Governor
Red Fang
Red, White, & Blues
Screamin Eagle

Offline aden

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
no c.rex?bummer.. :-(

any thoughts on the red white and blues and the governor?

i've read that the governor was eminence's response to the vintage 30

i am after that fenderish clean sparkling tone with smooth breakups without the harsh mid range..

Offline aden

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:54:14 AM »
btw..

i'll be using it on an ibanez tsa 15h..if that would help..

regards,

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
i think you're amp is already midrangey. You won't get fender cleans with just by changing speakers.
2008 USA Charvel SoCal Style 1 2H Black;2009 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Sienna Sunburst;2012 Ibanez 25TH Anniversary RG3XXV Laser Blue;2013 Ibanez Genesis Collection RG550 Road Flare Red;Laney Lionheart L20T

Offline aden

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
i know it can't nail that fender cleans. :-)

pero im still looking for something with a nice clean sound...im considering red white and blues pati yung governor..

i saw someone here in philmusic na nag post ng shootout between tsa and bjIII..i think that guy was using a vintage 30 and i it was nice..

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
governor is british-voiced just like a vintage 30, warm cleans. RWB american-voiced. Get that or the Patriot.

Confused lang what you really want since you based it on a video comparison and you liked the Vintage 30. Folks like the 30s for the midrange sound. If that's what you want, get the Governor instead if you plan to go Eminence. Go to Lyric may nakasetup silang speakers to plug the different speakers before you buy. Bring your amp head para makasigurado ka.
2008 USA Charvel SoCal Style 1 2H Black;2009 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Sienna Sunburst;2012 Ibanez 25TH Anniversary RG3XXV Laser Blue;2013 Ibanez Genesis Collection RG550 Road Flare Red;Laney Lionheart L20T

Offline aden

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
thanks man...

first time ko mag upgrade ng speakers eh...hehehe..

i'll drop by lyric to audition the governor and rwb..thanks again!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
i know it can't nail that fender cleans. :-)

pero im still looking for something with a nice clean sound...im considering red white and blues pati yung governor..

i saw someone here in philmusic na nag post ng shootout between tsa and bjIII..i think that guy was using a vintage 30 and i it was nice..

The forumer was "bh". He's actually a SHE.  :-)

On topic:
I have a couple of Eminence Governors here.. tell you what, I tried them with my Fender head and my Fender head did not sound much like a Fender.. Hehe..

It might be safer to get a RWB.

Governor is like a V30 but with smooth highs, not much ice-pickyness. You can try it with your TSA but I think the overall "sparkle" of the tone may be compromised. Would sound glorious with drive, though.

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
I suggest you bring your head to lyric and hook it up to their eminence speaker sampler.

I can describe the tone of each speaker, but ultimately your ears must decide. I suggest also bringing a friend with good ears to help you choose as well.

Offline iamjervinclyde

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »
To TS: Patanong din po ako dito para di na gumawa ng new thread.  :)  salamat!

Saang Lyric po available ang Eminence speakers? Ano po ang masa-suggest ninyong i-pair ko with a Peavey Classic 30 head? Thanks!  :)

Hello there! I'm Jervin, your resident bedroom rockstar.

Offline jehed

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
+1 sa lahat ng sinabi ni chino. Governor's are nice speakers! I love mine  :-P
and thats the fun i have though.

Offline iamjervinclyde

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
Sa mga may idea po kung magkano ang Governors, pwedeng pa-PM ng price? TIA!  :)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »
To TS: Patanong din po ako dito para di na gumawa ng new thread.  :)  salamat!
Saang Lyric po available ang Eminence speakers? Ano po ang masa-suggest ninyong i-pair ko with a Peavey Classic 30 head? Thanks!  :)

I think available naman yung 4 variants sa lahat ng Lyric branches. But you should still call them just to confirm. An Eminence Gov costs 6k new.

I once had a Classic30, too bad, wala pang Eminence diti nung mga panahon na nasa akin yung amp. Aside from the stock Peavey Blue Marvel, I have only tried to swap mine with a Celestion G12T-75.

Just a little background, that speaker is a mid-scooped speaker. It's usually paired with a Vintage30 (mid heavy) on a 2x12 cab to compensate for the boominess and mid-scooped sound. The result is a much balanced sound.

The G12T-75 greatly improved the cleans of the C30. Sparkle was there with the G12T-75 being mid-scooped. Nawala yung pagiging boxy at stiff na clean sound with the previous Blue Marvel. However, I felt that the drive channel was compromised. It was so mid scooped that it almost always sounded thin and shrill on my amp even with the mid control maxed. Take note that I'm using the amp's drive channel.

It was love or hate.

I've heard people priase the Governors or a V30 for the Peavey Classic 30. Mid heavy speaker for an already middy sounding amp? Might work well. You'll always cut in the mix.  :-)

Trial and error.

+1 sa lahat ng sinabi ni chino. Governor's are nice speakers! I love mine  :-P

Naka Governors din ako ulit ngayon sa cab ko Gerard.  :-)

Offline iamjervinclyde

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »
Got to visit Lyric's website. I can't find any Governors sa site nila. There are other Eminence speakers though...  :-(

Other than lyric, saan pa merong Eminence speakers? Or, kahit anong magandang guitar speaker? Thanks sa mga makakasagot!  :)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 11:26:31 PM »
Got to visit Lyric's website. I can't find any Governors sa site nila. There are other Eminence speakers though...  :-(

Other than lyric, saan pa merong Eminence speakers? Or, kahit anong magandang guitar speaker? Thanks sa mga makakasagot!  :)

As far as I know, Lyric lang ang may hawak ng Eminence ngayon.

As for other branded speakers locally available... Celestion speakers = JB.. Other than that, parang wala nang ibang speakers na "branded" na locally available.. You can stumble upon 2nd hand speakers sa classifieds from time to time..

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: help:Amp speakers
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 02:26:49 AM »
I can get you some celestions, PM me.