hulika

Author Topic: New Bar Opening in Pasig  (Read 4316 times)

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« on: December 06, 2004, 03:35:05 AM »
we open on dec 8, 2004:

CHAKIK'S the musician's bar
@
city golf development corporation
julia vargas, ortigas center
pasig city

monday: kyna & herbert
tuesday: simply dos
wednesday: sugar shack
thursday: acoustic anthology
friday: wunjo
saturday: wally gonzalez band

opening special [from december 8 to 18] : 3 for P100.00 on all local beers
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

1st flr CityGolf Plaza Arcade Julia Vargas Ave, Ortigas Center (entrance in front of Valle Verde 3)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 02:57:01 PM »
Congrats for putting up a joint in the Valle Verde area - this is long overdue.
Hope you can have jazz bands there as well :-)

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 10:27:35 PM »
actually, i was just thinking of that. i just have to look for the right one. if i do find one, i would probably schedule them on tuesdays. if any of you guys have any suggestions of which jazz band to get that would be greatly appreciated.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

1st flr CityGolf Plaza Arcade Julia Vargas Ave, Ortigas Center (entrance in front of Valle Verde 3)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 09:21:57 PM »
Are you Buddy Zamora? Anyway, for jazz bands I would suggest the ones that usually play at 70's Bistro Tuesday Jazz Night coz they don't mind playing jazz at "koboy' venues - these include Mishka Adams and her band Blue Echoes, Johnny Alegre/Tots Tolentino & Affinity, Brass Munkeys (swing), Cooky Chua,  etc...

Mishka lives close by in Blue Ridge so her parents would appreciate a gigging venue near her house :-)

Maybe you can have a regular jazz night too (like Wed)

Also see:

http://photos.philmusic.com/thumbnails.php?album=49

and

http://photos.philmusic.com/thumbnails.php?album=47

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:55:47 AM »
nope, i'm his son, bodie. the one in makati (chaquico's) is my dad's, and this new one in pasig (chakik's) is mine. i manage both bars. thanks for the suggestions.

someone suggested to me that affinity would be good because they sometimes play as a trio (chakik's isn't as big as chaquico's but some people tell me that its cozier), but mishka might be ok also.

thanks again.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 01:30:26 PM »
Bodie - you can also have an "open jam" night so that it would attract musicians who want to jam with other musicians... hope you get a real drum set though :-)

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 01:55:38 AM »
because of the limited space, we have cocktail drums. no one seems to be complaining about them. actually, they are really amused with it and suprised by how it sounds.

i try to book bands that do allow jammers to play with them. i like it that way because i think everybody has more fun.

hope you get a chance to see the place when we open again on january 3, if you haven't seen it yet.  and i'm also planning the bar's official grand opening on january 15. so far wally gonzalez and the sooper babes (hehehehehe) will be performing. i'm trying to think of 2 other bands to play on that day.

thanks for all of your suggestions. they are greatly appreciated.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 11:44:49 PM »
hi, i see you have wally gonzalez playin.very nice choice.

as well as a jazz band...would you be open to havin a blues band play in your place? just askin.:) d ba jazz and the blues are like cousins..:)

anyway,how does one audition for you guys?:)
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 11:44:50 AM »
we usually audition the last week of the month........first, you have to either come in talk to me and hand in a band profile for send me your profile through email, but i rather have you guys come to the bar.  then, we'll try to sched an audition. auditions start at 8pm for about 30mins. meals are included.

and to all you other guys out there. we are have our "Official Grand Openning Party" on January 15, 2005 (saturday)

@
pasig city
(entrance is infront of Valle Verde 3 gate)

here are the people who are performing:

sugarshack
anjundie
the sooperbabes
wally gonzalez

3 for P 100.00 on all local beers

hope to see you guys there.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

Offline ricecooker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
bodz...
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 09:27:35 AM »
go for sessionroad!!!

im glad you opened one around the area...i totally love your dads place. yun lang 300 buck entrance is kinda steep...

keep on rockin!

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 09:23:22 PM »
siyempre, can't really blame my dad for putting a minimum because of abuses where people would just come in, just hang around, and would even bring food and drinks in.

as for my new bar, haven't placed a minimum yet. might not put one as long as no one abuses it.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

Offline PIGNOSE

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 06:51:19 PM »
Quote from: bodz
we open on dec 8, 2004:

@
pasig city

monday: kyna & herbert
tuesday: simply dos
wednesday: sugar shack
thursday: acoustic anthology
friday: wunjo
saturday: wally gonzalez band

===============================================sSIR ANO EMAIL AD NYO? SEND KO BAND PROFILE NAMIN, BKA PWEDE KAME SA CHAKIK'S BAR.

-DENZ-
cel#: 09155432131

opening special [from december 8 to 18] : 3 for P100.00 on all local beers

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 03:41:06 AM »
again, anyone who wants to send me their band profile just send it to bodraxx@yahoo.com or just hand it to me at my bar.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 04:00:38 PM »
Sir, may I know who will be playing on Saturdays this month (March)?
Thanks...

Offline bodz

New Bar Opening in Pasig
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 05:30:11 AM »
wally gonzalez is playing this saturday (march 12). next saturday (march 19), i dont know who to get...........wally asked permission that he wont be able to play on that saturday. and the last saturday (march 26), we'll be closed for holy week.
Chakik's Musicians' Bar

Offline lynxneo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Rapunzel's Birth Band - looking for a bar
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 11:38:52 AM »
Sir / Madam,

Good-day!
We, the “Rapunzel’s Birth” band (a variety band) looking for a bar/place to share/explore our talents and skills.
The group are composed of talented musicians namely, Shal-vocals, Ruel-Guitars, Bryan-Bass, Raul-Keyboards, and Kid-Drums from different bands and joined together with a common perception.
We will be glad to send our band profile for your request.

Hoping for your prompt reply

Thank you very much.
RUEL L. DEL JAMOROL
Band Leader
Tel. No.: 472-7438
Cell No.: +63910-204-3971  
Email: ruedelj@pricon.ph