hulika

Author Topic: I love DAMONE's GUITARS!!!!  (Read 1210 times)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
I love DAMONE's GUITARS!!!!
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:56:27 PM »
anyone familiar with their music?  really loud over-limited, overproduced stuff (i guess), BUT AMAZING guitar tracks.  can someone deconstruct the guitar arrangement for me and tell my why their guitars sound SO BIG.  are the parts merely doubled or does the guitarist do several things at the same time?

i know it's also a matter of using the right tools: right amps, right pre's, right mics. im rather limited in that area, so maybe there's something i can do other than doubling guitar tracks.  any suggestions? :) 
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I love DAMONE's GUITARS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 01:35:27 AM »
anyone familiar with their music?  really loud over-limited, overproduced stuff (i guess), BUT AMAZING guitar tracks.  can someone deconstruct the guitar arrangement for me and tell my why their guitars sound SO BIG.  are the parts merely doubled or does the guitarist do several things at the same time?

i know it's also a matter of using the right tools: right amps, right pre's, right mics. im rather limited in that area, so maybe there's something i can do other than doubling guitar tracks.  any suggestions? :) 

the guitars sound doubled.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:13:42 PM »
hmmm Hazel akala ko Vic Damone na naman.. boses maganda dun hindi guitars hahaha.. :-P
Music is art in sound...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 02:49:48 PM »
Hazel, to get a massive guitar sound you could try this technique:

In addition to doubling guitars to get a big sound, I also employ parallel compression to guitar tracks which is a method that uses a compressed and un-compressed track to produce a fat, massive sound that doesn't trade off dynamics for the punch resulting from compression. Since you are using Cubase, you can do this technique by feeding your 2 guitar tracks to separate tracks on Cubase. From there, you can compress your compressed gtr track using a 1176 plug from the UAD and EQing to taste. Apply EQ only to the un-compressed track. Add another track and send both compressed and uncompressed guitar tracks to this new channel. Make sure that you play around with the post and pre fader options so you can blend the resulting guitar to taste. This will provide a dry-wet mix of your 2 gtr tracks so you can take advantage of the characteristics of each recording. This method provides a great amount of control in your resulting guitar sound because you aren't locked into a single mix for guitar.

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »
thanks for the suggestion abyss!!! masubukan nga to!  :-D

incidentally, i love the neve 88rs on guitars!  ganda yung response ng eq sa distorted guitars :)
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 03:41:24 PM »
thanks for the suggestion abyss!!! masubukan nga to!  :-D

incidentally, i love the neve 88rs on guitars!  ganda yung response ng eq sa distorted guitars :)

you are right. UAD has been turning out really nice plugs lately that I couldn't turn down:)

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »
ei cool! someone noticed it too
i really enjoyed the quality of the sound of the record

hmm thanks abyss for the technique