hulika

Author Topic: MIDI via USB problems...possibly  (Read 810 times)

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
MIDI via USB problems...possibly
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:54:53 AM »
Well, I can remember having read a thread about this, but I can't seem to find it. Just tonight, I realized I had that problem too (or something similar). I tried recording MIDI tracks (no quantization whatsoever) with my Keystation Pro 88 connected to my PC via USB, but when playing back the tracks I recorded, the events seem delayed by approximately a dotted 32nd note (or three 64th notes).

I can remember Kitc having explained the problem. What's the solution again?

Thanks.

(*) Kitc, I think you already know why I'm observing correct capitalization. Hmm... The classical forums?... haha
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: MIDI via USB problems...possibly
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:22:23 AM »
This problem is more prevalent with Cubase/Nuendo than with any other DAW. Search for Jay Levitt's miditime application/site and he will explain in full the extent of the problem. In general, there is a zero length file that you have to move from one of Cubase's folders into Cubase's main directory. There are certain combinations of soundcards and emulated/non-emulated midi ports that you have to select to defeat this 'midi delay'.

As for capitalization, it was about text spelling and only that. How it grew from there is beyond me. Some can't just take a hint that we mean well, which apparently is a problem with this generation. I pity for the next.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire