hulika

Author Topic: Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues  (Read 3622 times)

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues
« on: February 15, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »
I just got a hold of the 7 part documentary. It's amazes me how the blues got  to where it is today
my favorites stories were the rediscovery of old blues men like Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, Skip James got rediscovered in the early sixties, and how the British cats brought blues into the mainstream and also the story behind Chess Records. The documentaries didn't cover musch of Mance Lipscomb and Big Bill Broonzy. but all in all the directors and the delivery of the story was excelent. The Soundtrack is also a killer for all blues lovers.

here a video from the film a rendition of Robert Johnson's Sweet Home Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TgTpP7y2MA
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:27:24 PM by tony2tone »

The Blues is the Roots, everything else is the Fruits.-Willie Dixon

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:05:48 PM »
dibidee?

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 06:26:33 AM »
avi yung format na downloaded it 7 part documentary sya, want a copy?  I can send one to you if you like.

Offline burnok100

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 09:15:45 AM »
avi yung format na downloaded it 7 part documentary sya, want a copy?  I can send one to you if you like.

hello Tony2tone
ako pare !! gusto ko ng copy... nag check ako sa mga torrent site.. wala akong ma DL nyan.. kahit avi format kaya i play ng devede player ko yan.. thanks man!! do you want trade..? i have some punk & reggae vids if you like..
- inosente lang ang nagtataka

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 03:23:11 PM »

sige, pls!  i can trade you some blues dvds too. 

safe ba yan via post? 

kmusta ung LP? :-)

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 05:44:07 AM »

safe ba yan via post? 

yup it's safe via post, I can LBC it to you ikaw nalang bahala magpa convert to DVD format kasi di kaya ng computer ko :oops:, U can trade me with a signed Blueskrieg CD from some of the artists in it if that's okay with you.?  :-D The LP is doin great, madami ang naingit sa kulay at itsura ng LP dito, kakaiba kasi sya sa Epiphone. :-D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:49:45 AM by tony2tone »

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 05:46:04 AM »

hello Tony2tone
ako pare !! gusto ko ng copy... nag check ako sa mga torrent site.. wala akong ma DL nyan.. kahit avi format kaya i play ng devede player ko yan.. thanks man!! do you want trade..? i have some punk & reggae vids if you like..

pare try this link: http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=presents+the+blues&x=0&y=0

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 08:22:33 AM »

safe ba yan via post? 

yup it's safe via post, I can LBC it to you ikaw nalang bahala magpa convert to DVD format kasi di kaya ng computer ko :oops:, U can trade me with a signed Blueskrieg CD from some of the artists in it if that's okay with you.?  :-D The LP is doin great, madami ang naingit sa kulay at itsura ng LP dito, kakaiba kasi sya sa Epiphone. :-D

hey tony! thanks. you gots pm, bro. :-)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 10:16:36 PM »
i just got feels like going home today by Scorsese. Salif Keita yung kanta nya.....goosebumps :-o
first time to see Ali Farka Toure as well. If you get the chance to get his album NIAFUNKE man you can hear the raw connection between him and Hooker 8-)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:19:13 PM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
Rolling Stones concert film!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 05:35:56 PM »
he's back with "Shine a Light"

Offline ponky26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »
 sir tony pasend din  :-D

ty

itchybrain

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:59:20 PM »

it was shown in the last singapore film fest. great reviews. reviews lang nabasa ko dun kasi i missed the screening ksi sa hang over.  :-D better docu daw ito than "The Last Waltz" ni Scorcese rin. i heard Torrentz' downloads are great. :) DOWNLOADAN NA!!! :-D

Offline cliffie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 05:18:02 AM »
guys, can u give me other blues atists that i can listen to.. :) kc right now ang napapakinggan ku lng is Clapton, SRV, BB King, Muddy Watters, Ray Charles.. thanks

Offline tronixx42

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 11:53:04 PM »
pwede ba kami dito makahingi sir?