hulika

Author Topic: HELP PO......ask lng about effects n gamit ng greenday  (Read 2827 times)

Offline guitardedRoy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HELP PO......ask lng about effects n gamit ng greenday
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:03:31 AM »
ask ko lng po kng cnu nakakaalm dyn kng anung ginagamit n effects ng greenday sa mga kanta nila like ,basketcase,when i come around ,welcome to paradise...and saka kng anung brand ung effects n gamit nila..tnx po
Only in the darkness can we plainly see the hand that saves and set us free

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 12:39:33 AM »
You'd be surprise that the guitar player there doesn't rely that much on effects. I've read somewhere that the sound he gets comes from his very strong right hand technique, very tight. Lalo na dun sa debut album nila.

Sa unang dinig, its like he uses a lot of gain to achieve that crunch, pero nde.

Btw, he uses LP junior..
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »
Quote from: SDMF
You'd be surprise that the guitar player there doesn't rely that much on effects. I've read somewhere that the sound he gets comes from his very strong right hand technique, very tight. Lalo na dun sa debut album nila.

Sa unang dinig, its like he uses a lot of gain to achieve that crunch, pero nde.

Btw, he uses LP junior..

I thought he was using a green strat with a hum-sing-sing setup at their first cd? I saw him use the LP junior on this latest cd.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 01:27:46 AM »
In the past he used Bradshaw modded Plexis with two marshall EL 34 100/100, a korg rackmount tuner, furman powerstrip, a hush unit, 3 shure wireless recievers and a c.a.e. switching unit.

FX: Ibanez Tube Screamer, boss tr2 tremolo, a chorus, and another pedal na hindi ko na matandaan. All off the above are rackmounted and all switches are done by his tech.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 01:46:20 AM »
The distortion came from his Marshalls...yung OD nya sa chain just pushes the distortion na nasa amp na in the first place...

tsaka lahat ng sinabi ni BP..

Offline guitardedRoy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 11:29:21 AM »
salamat po s mga ngreply...greenday kc mga tinutugtog nmin kya ko ask.
Only in the darkness can we plainly see the hand that saves and set us free

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 12:09:24 PM »
he did use a strat with a slanted humbucker in the bridge position during the "Dookie" period. Yep, he used amp distortion pushed by an OD pedal. If you have a MultiFX, try one of the Marshall or Peavey amp simulations and turn the gain down a bit to preserve your pick attack. Pag masyado mataas ang gain kasi saturated na ang tunog. Use a heavier string gauge and medium picks.
soylent green is people.

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »
Most of his distortion comes from his modded Marshall and Park amps (which have lead mods in them.) During recording, one of the tech guys placed a Zinky Overdrive pedal to accentuate gain rather than increase it.

Offline buloy214

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 11:40:59 PM »
salamt po s info..post lng po kau d2 kng may alm p kau n info

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
hindi TU-2 yung ginamit ni Billie Joe dun sa intro ng "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Roger Linn Adrenalinn ang ginamit nyang effects dun. simple lang setup nun, kaya na ng standard stompboxes yun like TU-2, OD from his amp, etc. ang lupit ng "American Idiot" album nila for a punk rock album, I must say.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline kanshooter

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »
Quote from: guitardedRoy
salamat po s mga ngreply...greenday kc mga tinutugtog nmin kya ko ask.

I'm selling a Boss FZ-2-Hyperfuzz. You can have some settings similar to Greenday and Nirvana's tone.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »
Billy uses a lot of his tone from overdriven Marshall JCM800 amps...the start of Boulevard has a tremolo with a pitch modulator on it.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline spunky

Re: HELP PO......ask lng about effects n gamit ng greenday
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 11:32:34 AM »
siguro distortion Lang effects na gamit nun sa mga kantang yun. tsaka nung mga panahon ng "dookie", FERNANDES stratocaster copy ang gamit ni billie joe. c "BLUE".ü

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »
FYI, di pala Epiphone ang brand ng ginagamit ni Billy Joe Armstrong. Gibson yung gamit niya. Pero yung body is like the epi lp jr.

Offline spunky

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »
FYI, di pala Epiphone ang brand ng ginagamit ni Billy Joe Armstrong. Gibson yung gamit niya. Pero yung body is like the epi lp jr.

tama. gibson les paul junior un.ü

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 10:01:53 PM »
Nakita ko kasi na Gibson pala yun kasi yung World Tour: Live In Malaysia.