hulika

Author Topic: Gear that you think you don't need but suddenly......  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear that you think you don't need but suddenly......
« on: November 21, 2007, 09:08:53 AM »
I got sick yesterday and had to stay home.....played with my old Ibanez Gio and my Tube Driver just for kicks....I plugged it into my new amp.... just used the clean channel.

I can't believe how awesome my Ibanez Gio sounds with the Tube Driver...I was planning on getting rid of my Tube Driver a few weeks ago until now. With a nice clean tube channel backdrop , the Tube driver just shines using my beat up Ibanez Gio w/ Dimarzio Fred..... I knew I was really enjoying the tones I'm getting 'coz after an hour...I composed a "feel good" guitar music song....no smooth jazz /blues stuff..... the type of music that made me go back to guitar playing. 

In short, the Tube Driver and my Ibanez Gio w/ Freds will stay with me for a long time.

... try it out.... a nice tube clean channel .... the tube driver... and a hb equipped axe...... tone heaven.  :lol:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline fuzzylogic

Re: Gear that you think you don't need but suddenly......
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:15:32 PM »
.........sound clips would be nice.............. 

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 02:19:14 PM »
.........sound clips would be nice.............. 
ows  :roll:

this post is edited 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:50:03 PM by Phil »

ginblue

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »
I got sick yesterday and had to stay home.....played with my old Ibanez Gio and my Tube Driver just for kicks....I plugged it into my new amp.... just used the clean channel.

I can't believe how awesome my Ibanez Gio sounds with the Tube Driver...I was planning on getting rid of my Tube Driver a few weeks ago until now. With a nice clean tube channel backdrop , the Tube driver just shines using my beat up Ibanez Gio w/ Dimarzio Fred..... I knew I was really enjoying the tones I'm getting 'coz after an hour...I composed a "feel good" guitar music song....no smooth jazz /blues stuff..... the type of music that made me go back to guitar playing. 

In short, the Tube Driver and my Ibanez Gio w/ Freds will stay with me for a long time.

... try it out.... a nice tube clean channel .... the tube driver... and a hb equipped axe...... tone heaven.  :lol:

i also have a FRED on my Yamaha RGX series, parang ayaw ko ng tone nya, masyado matalas sa pandinig ko. cguro its time for me to really mix the EQ/tone of my FXs para makuha ko gusto kong tone. benta ko na dapat pero i will give it another chance dahil nabasa ko thread mo.

thanks

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
i also have a FRED on my Yamaha RGX series, parang ayaw ko ng tone nya, masyado matalas sa pandinig ko. cguro its time for me to really mix the EQ/tone of my FXs para makuha ko gusto kong tone. benta ko na dapat pero i will give it another chance dahil nabasa ko thread mo.

thanks

I own a PAF Pro and Evos.....for me the Fred is the well balanced of all. My Fred doesn't sound overly bright.

Offline fuzzylogic

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »
.....nahirapan ako sagutin yung last post mo, you must've edited it 4x...

anyway, im just asking you the same question you ask everytime someone posts his new gear here at GC.........wala naman cgro masama......

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »
.....nahirapan ako sagutin yung last post mo, you must've edited it 4x...

anyway, im just asking you the same question you ask everytime someone posts his new gear here at GC.........wala naman cgro masama......
you must be a member of CSI or something.

....whats the problem of asking for soundclips? you must be a newbie in gear oriented forums. If you go to other international sites...your see pics and soundclips of gears. I ask for soundclips because I'm interested in how it sounds. You have a problem with that?

Offline fuzzylogic

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »
I ask for soundclips because I'm interested in how it sounds. You have a problem with that?

im asking you for soundclips because im interested to hear how your gear sounds. yeah im a newbie. you have a problem with that?

if you cant post a soundclip because you cant or dont like to you can just say so.........

you need to take a chill pill, phil....

:-D :-D :-D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »
im asking you for soundclips because im interested to hear how your gear sounds. yeah im a newbie. you have a problem with that?

if you cant post a soundclip because you cant or dont like to you can just say so.........

you need to take a chill pill, phil....

:-D :-D :-D
I have problem with newbies who act like smart alecs.

It is so obvious you are making fun of how I ask for soundclips.

You are not interested in my gear and how it sounds.

Now why don't you be a good newbie and stop posting in my thread.

Offline fuzzylogic

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 03:23:08 PM »
.......i maintain...soundclips would be nice... :roll:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »
Quit it, fuzzylogic. You are acting like a forum troll and we don't need that here. First warning.

Don't mind him anymore, Phil.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:26:30 PM by Poundcake »
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline el dorko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 04:11:59 PM »

i read in an interview somewhere that satch used to use his ds-1 in front of a marshall's clean channel, and he explains why he prefers this over using his amp's od channel ... ewan ko lang kung pano niya nau-utilize yung ds-1  ngayon now that he has his JSX. still, it's interesting to know that even guys like him like to use dirt pedals (whether cheap or butik) in front of clean tube amps.

soundclips phil, parinig mo na rin samin yung nagawa mong kanta  :-)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:05:46 PM by el dorko »
www.youtube.com/jebspogi<br />www.soundclick.com/jebs<br />www.facebook.com/ginilingfestival<br /

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »

hmmm...come to think of it, you haven't used the Gio in a long time since you got your ES. I can't blame you, pare - the ES tone is great and can be very inspirational. Its good that you reconnected with your Gio. Sometimes it takes the most basic gear to bring out that spark to play great guitar...
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 05:30:43 PM »
allow me to offer a different perspective.  i've had discussions with phil about gear in this board and i've also had exchanges with fuzzylogic through sms.  through these exchanges, i do believe both of you are decent individuals.  phil, i think fuzzylogic meant no malice when he asked you for a clip.  if you think otherwise, siguro benefit of the doubt nalang.

anyway, that's my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

cheers.

p.s. not that it matters, but i found this exchange slightly amusing knowing that both phil and fuzzylogic are visayans (is this correct?).

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 06:27:50 PM »
I own a PAF Pro and Evos.....for me the Fred is the well balanced of all. My Fred doesn't sound overly bright.

you guys wait til you test/hear the dimarzio breed bridge......  :-)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:28:52 PM by markv »

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 08:50:22 PM »
Quit it, fuzzylogic. You are acting like a forum troll and we don't need that here. First warning.

Don't mind him anymore, Phil.
:-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 04:30:41 AM »

p.s. not that it matters, but i found this exchange slightly amusing knowing that both phil and fuzzylogic are visayans (is this correct?).
....didn't know that... I'm Cebuano..... Cebuanos are usually cool and not a holes.
i read in an interview somewhere that satch used to use his ds-1 in front of a marshall's clean channel, and he explains why he prefers this over using his amp's od channel ... ewan ko lang kung pano niya nau-utilize yung ds-1  ngayon now that he has his JSX. still, it's interesting to know that even guys like him like to use dirt pedals (whether cheap or butik) in front of clean tube amps.

soundclips phil, parinig mo na rin samin yung nagawa mong kanta  :-)

I will.... soon.....it's still a rough draft...so it will be a while. I also realized why Joe loves using the pickup.....it's really smooth and aggressive when it needs to be.
hmmm...come to think of it, you haven't used the Gio in a long time since you got your ES. I can't blame you, pare - the ES tone is great and can be very inspirational. Its good that you reconnected with your Gio. Sometimes it takes the most basic gear to bring out that spark to play great guitar...
good point bai. The ES with the 57 pickups just cannot get that aggressive.....lead tones like Satch and Vai stuff.... which I also like.
you guys wait til you test/hear the dimarzio breed bridge......  :-)
I heard those are really good.... yeah , if you can post some clips.

...we should start a thread of soundclips of diffferent pickups installed in different guitars..... I think no one ever posted a topic like that before.
:-D
turi is making fun of me...  :-D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 04:40:46 AM by Phil »

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 05:10:12 AM »
I too was ignoring my great old zoom 505II that I thought I'd keep for its sentimental value. So recently I was looking hard for any pedal tuners. I pm'ed the seller of the danelectr tuner and sadly I was too late. Same thing happened w/ the arion stage tuner. Next thing I know is I put my 505 back in my board and in an independent circuit. Its my tuner for now.
Let USA invadeThe Philippines

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »
I heard those are really good.... yeah , if you can post some clips.

i used the dimarzio breed bridge throughout the whole solo of the 'smoothbt JAM'

recorded direct using RG321 (Breed Bridge) & only sansamp GT2 as dirt http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=566104

TITLE: smoothBT 1-take-bullsheet  :lol:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 08:19:44 AM »
i used the dimarzio breed bridge throughout the whole solo of the 'smoothbt JAM'

recorded direct using RG321 (Breed Bridge) & only sansamp GT2 as dirt http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=566104

TITLE: smoothBT 1-take-bullsheet  :lol:
... ganda ng tone ah.....anong settings mo sa Sansamp GT2?

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »
... ganda ng tone ah.....anong settings mo sa Sansamp GT2?
thanks, i really love the dimarzio breed's tone....super versatile!

here's my setting on the GT2 when recording direct:

HIGH ---- 11 o'clock
LOW ----- 1 o'clock
DRIVE --- 2 o'clock
MIC ------ classic
MOD ----- high gain
AMP ------ british

:-D :mrgreen:

Gear that you think you don't need but suddenly......
dimarzio tone zone! kaya bumili ako ulit!  :x it sounds good sa mga RG trem guitars  :-D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:17:21 AM by markv »

Offline mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 11:30:26 AM »

yung pups ko fred bridge and paf pro neck. para ngang bright yung fred or dahil yon sa maple top ng guitar ko?

re don sa gear na i dont think i need anymore: my early 90s lumanog acoustic.. pinalitan ko lang ng strings swabe pa rin pala!  :-D
That in all things, God may be glorified!

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »
a Fuzz pedal. I thought it was too high gain for me. Then I saw this Tonefactor Huckleberry fuzz at a very nice price on ebay and got it. Now I'm hooked.