hulika

Author Topic: Getting a Pearl Masterworks & Reference kits 4 Demo units. I need help with spec  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Jecster25

Guys, Please help me pick out the demo Masterworks and Reference  kits that JB Music will get for promo and marketing. Colors, drums sizes, and set ups. Thanks

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sir, alam ko Masterworks is made to order. Maybe it's not practical to get Masterworks as demo units. Hihintayin pa ng matagal yun. Pero sa Reference and Masters Premium may available na shell packs so mas madali yung waiting time and cheaper yata kung pre-configured.

So here goes:

Reference: RF-924XAP (fusion kit, with hanging 14 tom) in Rootbeer Fade or Scarlet Fade. Then maybe add a 16 hanging tom.

Masters Premium: andaming choices sir, MMP, MRP, BMP, BRP. Pero gusto ko na yung MRP and BRP which are maple and birch respectively and both 6-ply (the 2 others are 4-ply).  924XAP Fusion sizes din + 16 hanging tom. Colors: Bronze Glass (covered), Antique Sunburst, Sunrise Fade (lacquers).

Masters Custom: MCX-924AP (again fusion sizes  :-D) + 16 hanging tom (na naman?!  :lol:) in Chesnut Fade.

Sir, these colors will look awesome I assure you ( :-D  :-D  :-D).

Sample pics:

Reference in Scarlet Fade

Masters Custom in Chesnut Fade
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:33:15 PM by FINGERZAP »

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
May point si fingerzap sir... I think it's better to have Reference and Masters kits as demo units, then leave the Masterworks simply as an option for those who want (and have the money) for it. Having the Ref and Masters kits will give people the opportunity to experience the different woods that Pearl offers, helping them select a Masterworks kit later on.

As for Ref and Masters, may point rin si Fingerzap about sizes... dapat 10/12/14/16 toms, with a 22" kick. That way, madadaanan yung buong spectrum ng sound from high (10") to low (16") sa toms, tapos yung bass drum eh average size na kaya madali nang maisip kung ano ang tunog ng 20" o kaya 24" galing dun.

Sa finishes... I'd go for ano yung highest selling finish per series for the demo units. I'm sure Pearl has the stats for that. Actually mukhang pareho kami ng taste ni Fingerzap sa finishes ah haha

Kaso based on personal taste sa finishes, if I were to get three kits (all 10/12/14/16/22, with a 14" snare) as demo units, I'd go for:
Reference series in Rootbeer Fade*
Masters Premium BRP (6-ply Birch) in Vintage Sunburst**
Masters Premium MMP (4-ply Maple) in Sunrise Fade***

*- wag mo gawin to at nanakawin ko agad yung kit
**- parang classic birch config ang 6-ply shell tapos vintage sunburst finish
***- parang classic maple config ang 4-ply shell tapos some sort of natural fade

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
For both series, standard or fusion sizes will do. But as for color, silver sparkle is the way to go.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
Based from what the Guitar Center folks I talked to before told me about the highest sale model they had, I would suggest the Diamond Burst with black hardwares for the masters. (I suggest the MMX)

For the reference the Purple craze is their signature color and if I may say it really gets the attraction it deserves.

After all they are demo units and your bringing them in to "attract." These finishes will be truly eye candy!

As for the sizes I would also suggest a 10-12-14-16-18" tom sweep for the masters. A double bass set-up would be a great sight as well! Prospective buyers would appreciate a huge kit presented at an even size progression; a huge masters kit is just perfect!

Well this are just me.  :wink:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
Actually mukhang pareho kami ng taste ni Fingerzap sa finishes ah haha

(Aherm!) we got good taste bro...

Stole these from the Pearl Forums. I hope the owner doesn't mind. Doesn't the Rootbeer Fade look awesome?

Sir, I think bright colors will look most attractive kaya most of my choices (and Plep's) are bright (Rootbeer Fade/Scarlet Fade/Antique Sunburst/Sunrise Fade/Vintage Sunburst). Bright = Happy. And when a customer is happy, he might just buy the kit.  :lol:

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
I would suggest the Diamond Burst with black hardwares for the masters.

Eto yun sir  :wink::

Sunrise Fade:

Posted these since it's better to see the colors in kits rather than just a color pallete. Pag minsan kasi gusto mo sa color palette pero pag nakita mo na sa drums parang di mo na type. Or vice versa, di maganda sa palette pero pag na-apply sa drums, swabe.