hulika

Author Topic: please lock. thanks  (Read 1263 times)

Offline toybitz

please lock. thanks
« on: February 29, 2008, 06:35:10 AM »
Hi guys, I'm gonna need your help.  (school requirement).  Blow out ko nalang kayo sa isawan..sagot ko isaw ng baboy at softdrinks sa Proj. 3.

Please answer the questions below:

1.  State name and age please.

2.  Have you ever considered playing for a band as a full-time profession?

3.  a.  Are you playing drums professionally?
     b.  If yes, how long have you been playing professionally?
     c.  How often do you gig in a month?
     d.  How much do you earn per gig?  Per month?
     e.  Are you living independently?
     f.   Do you have your own family?
         (if yes, how many are you in the family?)

4.  a.  Did you use to play drums professionally?
     b.  When did you start and when did you stop?
     c.  Why did you stop?
     d.  Are you living independently?
     e.  Do you have your own family?

5.  If you think that being a full-time musician will get you nowhere, can you say why?

6.  What are the chances of being successful in the local scene?

7.  Do you need to be popular to consider your professional sufficient for you and your family's daily needs?

8.  Any advise to those who want to be a full-time musician?

9.  For the full-time musician, do you see yourself retiring with the said profession?

10.  Is the Philippines concerned with you?

thanks guys...

God bless you.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:18:20 AM by toybitz »
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Pankabuhayan nating mga Tambolero sa Pinas
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:23:52 PM »
eto na naman tayo hehehe.... sige tulungan kita.

Michaelangelo M. Revecho, 27 y.o.

Yes, my passion is music. Too bad mahirap ang buhay ng musikero sa pinas.

3.  a.  Are you playing drums professionally? Yes, if you call gigging and getting paid a pro. About the album though, wala pa
          1 Year with my current band and about 10 years around Pangasinan (if you call gigging and getting paid pro. With regards to the recording industry wala pa.
     c.  How often do you gig in a month? 3x a week, about 12 a month
     d.  How much do you earn per gig?  Per month? Not much but I can manage  :-D
     e.  Are you living independently? I still live and eat at my family, but i don't ask my parents for money.
     f.   Do you have your own family? No

4.  a.  Did you use to play drums professionally? No, mga 4 years pa lang ako na drummer, the rest keyboardist ako
     b.  When did you start and when did you stop? 2003 in drumming, 1998 in gigging, still playing as we speak
     c.  Why did you stop? I'll probably stop this year kung makapag-abroad na ako, but if i'm going abroad to play, why not?
     d.  Are you living independently? Same as above
     e.  Do you have your own family? Same as above

5.  If you think that being a full-time musician will get you nowhere, can you say why?
I wouldn't say nowhere, but it take a lot of effort, sacrifices, dedication and time to be a full-time musician. If you can't stand by one of those factors, you'll never be a successful full-time musician.

Di ko alam, there's always the chance....

7.  Do you need to be popular to consider your profession sufficient for you and your family's daily needs? Depende, marami hindi sikat na tumutugtog abroad na pagtutugtog ang kinabubuhay nila. Pero my dream is to be a recording artist tapos mararating ko hanggang international tour hehehe.

Finish your studies first. Top Priority yun. Then you can pursue your musical career seriously. And while studying, practice lang. Pero mas importante pa rin pag-aaral.

9.  For the full-time musician, do you see yourself retiring with the said profession? Kung ako maging full-time? depende. But i'd like to. Pero masaya na ako na may nagawa akong album na maipaparinig ko sa mga apo ko na naging significant ako sa Philippine music scene.

10.  Is the Philippines concerned with you? No. Why should they, i haven't proven anything to them yet.
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline tambolista

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »
Eto tulong ko:

-Kiko Tuazon, -28-

-Yes. If there's a big break, why not.

-Yes. I've been playing for more than 10 yrs. na pero I still need to learn a lot! I gig 3 times a month.  I play for fun, enjoyment, and because it's my passion. I'm still living with parents but don't ask for money. After 2 years I'm planning to have my family.

c.  Why did you stop?
-I started playing when I was third year high school and never stop.

-I don't think being a full time musician will get you nowhere. Here in the Philippines it's hard but look at the positive side, some musicians reached their dreams because of passion and dedication.

-It depends. Off course there's a lot of factors involved. First of all, you need a lot of financial help to market your band. Siyempre a very good quality of sound and songs.

7.  Do you need to be popular to consider your professional sufficient for you and your family's daily needs?
-Siyempre being popular (with your skills) will be a great help in marketing yourself.

-For those who want to be full time musician, Just stay with your passion for music. Be humble and the best is respect you're fellow musicians. If you're a pro, help those who are eager and dedicated to learn. Baka di mo alam sila na pala and next na rock star of our country.

9.  For the full-time musician, do you see yourself retiring with the said profession?
-If I'm a full time musician, siyempre.

10.  Is the Philippines concerned with you
-Maybe. :)

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:54:37 PM »
Anthony Dio, 28.

I'm already doing it.

Yes.  I'm a full-time pro.
Since 1998.
About 15 gigs at least, in a month.
I earn a decent 5-digit sum per month.  On our weekly bar gigs, I get 1K.  On events, I get bigger.  And talent fees vary, depending on the event.
No.  I'm still living in my family's home.  But I'm financially independent, and I help out with the bills.
No. Still single.

I'm a pro right now.
I began playing professionally in 1998.
     c.  Why did you stop?

That will only happen when one doesn't work hard, doesn't open his/her mind, and has an attitude.

I think the local music scene is much better right now.  Music is more diverse, and more and more people are becoming open with it.  The sad thing is the fact that being a professional musician is somehow not considered as an honorable job nowadays.  Back in the old days, people look up to pro artists, and these pros were more well-paid, unlike today.  But I think it's also the fault of some pro musicians who abuse their status and do not practice professionalism.  Personally, I still believe that being an artist is an honorable profession.

7.  Do you need to be popular to consider your profession sufficient for you and your family's daily needs?
Being popular may help, but it doesn't really matter.  I know a number of professional artists who really aren't famous on a national level, yet they are doing very well.

8.  Any advice to those who want to be a full-time musician?
Talent and skills-wise, never stop your progress.  Just keep getting better.  Be open-minded and appreciative.  Dedication, patience, sacrifice and lots and lots of practicing are keys.  Play for the love of music, not for your ego.  It also helps if we have an understanding on how the business side of music works.  And once you make it, be humble and grateful.  There are so many artists out there who have already made it, but they abuse their "stardom", and they don't seem to be appreciative or grateful for their success.  Don't be that kind of artist; have a positive personal and working attitude, and have a good work ethic.

I am hoping so.  I would love to continue performing as a pro for as long as I can.  But realistically, I would love to have my own business someday, and I intend to invest my earnings somewhere else.

10.  Is the Philippines concerned with you?
I am not aware of any government official who is so concerned right now with Filipino artists.  If I know anybody who cares for us, he/she has my vote.

Looking forward to the isaw and softdrinks, bro toybitz!  :-D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 05:03:54 PM by drumster »

Offline toybitz

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 05:49:04 AM »
a heartfelt thank you (s) to you Anthony,Tambolista and Daemonite...

Offline toybitz

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »
thanks to you brothers who answered my questionnaire...

more support pa sana...wag sanang magsawa.  :-)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:41:30 AM by toybitz »

Offline toybitz

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
pwede na po i-lock

Offline BirjandBOGGS

Re: please lock. thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »

1.  State name and age please.Bogs Bautista/29yrs old

2.  Have you ever considered playing for a band as a full-time profession?yes.

3.  a.  Are you playing drums professionally? yes, currently playing drums to one of the country's recording artist
     b.  If yes, how long have you been playing professionally?playing pro for 6 years now
     c.  How often do you gig in a month?we have regular gigs at bagaberde bar thats t-th for the 2 branches and 1 a month at hardrock plus the special shows in and out of the country and album tour in and out of manila.
     d.  How much do you earn per gig?  Per month? regular gig i earn 2k. but with special shows it ranges from 5k up with practice fee if required.... per month i guess it vary from 16k up. everything depends.
     e.  Are you living independently?yes
     f.   Do you have your own family?yes         
(if yes, how many are you in the family?)3, my wife and son

c.  Why did you stop?

5.  If you think that being a full-time musician will get you nowhere, can you say why?it still depends, here in the phil. music scene you need these things: musicality, connections, and LUCK. a lot of it.

6.  What are the chances of being successful in the local scene?musicality,connections and luck. that determins your chances sad to say

7.  Do you need to be popular to consider your professional sufficient for you and your family's daily needs?it helps coz when your popular you earn more. thats basing on my obsrevation. in my experience being a back up band drummer, the singer which is the "popular" one earns like ten times of what we earn with the same gig.

8.  Any advise to those who want to be a full-time musician?learn to play the best that you can, not in terms of being a dave weckle but just to play proper. study new drum techniques/lessons once in a while. coz here we have a lot of Good musicians and its gud to keep up. form your own band, youll earn more if by change youll be given  a break. continue your passion but just in case... still,nothing happens to your music career, you should learn how to stop and venture to another opportunities in music or another. its still important to have an education atleast you have a fallback... this is just me... 

9.  For the full-time musician, do you see yourself retiring with the said profession?im still uncertain as of now. i love the job but you just have to deal with it being unstable. things can happen so fast so i guess its better not to plan so much regarding the future or retirement but it would be a great blessing to retire a musician. hopefully not a starving retired musician.

10.  Is the Philippines concerned with you?no, musicians here in the country is not given enough respect and benefits thats why o lot has gone abroad. economically and socially, its super uncertain for  musicans here in the Phil.
thanks guys...

God bless you.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:26:14 PM by drumster »

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: please lock. thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »
Locked, as requested.  8-)