hulika

Author Topic: M-Audio Delta 1010 LT PCI Digital Audio Computer Interface Questions  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

tama ba pagkaintindi ko... patulong naman guys!

so 10 inputs and outputs siya right? so kung ganun... pwede 10 different tracks na sabay2 irecord?

since PCI naman... sabi daw walang latency.

tapos eto yung plano...

Kung may 8 channel mixer ako na may Outlet for each channel, pwede ko sila isaksak idividually sa bawat input nung interface? tapos pwede ko rin isaksak yung master output sa isa pang input nun interface? tama ba yun mga bords..?

patulong naman ohhhh... salamats:)
www.myspace.com/verbacoma
www.higgledypiggledy.multiply.com
[[AMP]]  5 String Peavy Grind, Squire Jazz Bass, Epiphone Goth Thunderbird, Zoom B2.1u and Numark DJ Turntables and Mixer  needless to say, I'm a Bassist Baby

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: M-Audio Delta 1010 LT PCI Digital Audio Computer Interface Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:02:25 AM »
tama ba pagkaintindi ko... patulong naman guys!

so 10 inputs and outputs siya right? so kung ganun... pwede 10 different tracks na sabay2 irecord?

Yes

t

Kung may 8 channel mixer ako na may Outlet for each channel, pwede ko sila isaksak idividually sa bawat input nung interface? tapos pwede ko rin isaksak yung master output sa isa pang input nun interface? tama ba yun mga bords..?

patulong naman ohhhh... salamats:)

if you're going to use a mixer... make sure each input has a direct output on the mixer. each output from the mixer will go to different inputs on the 1010LT. If your mixer has preamps... yan na rin mag seserve sayo as your mic preamps and input equalizer.

good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:06:50 AM »
thanks sir:)

do i have to get special "adaptors" or socket converter.. not sure what to call em...=/ so that the inputs of the M-audio can go to the outputs of the mixer? kasi parang yung pang mic (XLR ata tawag dun=/ not sure again) yung outs ng bawat channel ng mixer ehh...
[[AMP]]  5 String Peavy Grind, Squire Jazz Bass, Epiphone Goth Thunderbird, Zoom B2.1u and Numark DJ Turntables and Mixer  needless to say, I'm a Bassist Baby

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 12:11:18 AM »
1010LT's input sockets are RCA. If your mixer has XLR or TRS socket, You need a cable that has RCA on the end and TRS/XLR on the other end. I wont recommend you using adaptors on your cable. Much better if you buy an XLR or TRS to RCA or if you know how to make a cable on yourself... Thats much better.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »
much thanks sir:)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »

Let's qualify that... 8 of the 10 I/O are analog. The remaining 2 are spdif digital I/O, so unless you have an analog to spdif converter (A/D), you won't be able to use the 2 digital channels.

since PCI naman... sabi daw walang latency.

Actually, there is and it is dependent on your system. However, the 1010LT performs hardware monitoring thereby eliminating (or greatly minimizing) perceived latency.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:28:23 AM »
"analog to spdif converter (A/D)"

sorry sir but i'm not that literate about those terms...=/ could you expound a lil on what that "device(?) is...=/ thanks:)

Offline rocketboy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »
Or get a mixer with 8 inserts...they can also be used as 8 direct outs. Most mixers with true direct outs are quite large and cost a lot...Checkout:

http://www.alesis.com/multimix12r
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-RX1202FX-Eurorack-Pro-Rackmount-12Input-Mixer?sku=631275

Behringer stuff are all over, the alesis mixer i saw down at park sq1, mkti.
these are the budget options, of course...if you can push it, get a mackie with similar specs!

It'd also be great if you can buy or make these insert cables:

http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/products/DOC-106.html

With these, latency won't be a problem.  Although Delta's are very good with it.

SPDIF stands for "Sony/Philips Digital Interface".  It's a digital input...which requires a digital output of hardware such as Digital Mixers and DAT or MiniDisc players. 

I'd rather not use it due to prices of such hardware and the synchronization it requires, but if you really want to make full use of your 1010LT... then checkout:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-SRC2496-ULTRAMATCH-PRO-Converter?sku=182480

Hope this helps...hehe

LouieAzcona

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 02:38:20 AM »
yes
and
yes

hehe. may ganyan din ako, di ko na ginamitan ng mixer, nagagamit ko ng maayos.
yun nga lang, nangapa din ako nung una. lalo na sa kung pano mo icoconnect sa mics. coaxial cable, tapos sa dulo ng cable kabitan mo ng adapter na from rca, to 1/4 na adapter( tama ba? 1/4? basta ung size ng connectors ng guitar cables) ganun lang.

Offline bloodshedd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
so 10 inputs and outputs siya right? so kung ganun... pwede 10 different tracks na sabay2 irecord? since PCI naman... sabi daw walang latency. 

8 analog inputs po sya(2 XLR, 6 RCA) 1 midi i/o and 1 S/PDIF i/o... yung 8 analog inputs eh ok pag simultaneous recording but yung MIDI eh depende sa PC specs mo since me slower PCs na mas prone sa latency. S/PDIF?? Use it only on pre-recorded stuff...hehehe
        In regards to overall latency eh ok naman yung delta series basta medyo ok din yung specs ng PC mo. Suggest ko eh to disable fancy plug-ins while tracking..

Parang ganon... either kung may direct individual outs or kuha ka ng signal sa individual inserts ng mixer mo...   Gud luck sa paggawa nang XLR or 1/4" to RCA cables... ...and I dont think that you would want to record the master output of the mixer but it could be done provided that you still have free inputs on your delta 1010lt...

Kukuha ka pa lang ba?? sakin na lang! hehe! #556-0301 (trabaho nanaman!)
For JB MUSIC AND SPORTS' big discounts and 0% installment deals.... Check out https://www.facebook.com/JBMusicPh

Contact JB MUSIC ALABANG TOWN CENTER @ 809-1726 and 842-9545  Check out BADBURN @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Badburn/114672008558924?ref=

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »
Or get a mixer with 8 inserts...they can also be used as 8 direct outs. Most mixers with true direct outs are quite large and cost a lot...Checkout:

http://www.alesis.com/multimix12r
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-RX1202FX-Eurorack-Pro-Rackmount-12Input-Mixer?sku=631275

Behringer stuff are all over, the alesis mixer i saw down at park sq1, mkti.
these are the budget options, of course...if you can push it, get a mackie with similar specs!

It'd also be great if you can buy or make these insert cables:

http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/products/DOC-106.html

With these, latency won't be a problem.  Although Delta's are very good with it.

SPDIF stands for "Sony/Philips Digital Interface".  It's a digital input...which requires a digital output of hardware such as Digital Mixers and DAT or MiniDisc players. 

I'd rather not use it due to prices of such hardware and the synchronization it requires, but if you really want to make full use of your 1010LT... then checkout:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-SRC2496-ULTRAMATCH-PRO-Converter?sku=182480

Hope this helps...hehe

sir how can/do you make the 8 inserts pra maging direct outs..
  i don't realy know hw it works

this will serve as a new info and of help to me..tnx tnx sir
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:47:42 PM by neil_squadron »
contact: 0905 5546913; ym: neil_squadron81<br />subzeroefx.multiply.com;neil_squadron08@yahoo.com<br />FS/FT :  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,137191.0.html

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »
sir how can/do you make the 8 inserts pra maging direct outs..
  i don't realy know hw it works

this will serve as a new info and of help to me..tnx tnx sir

Inserts use TRS connections where the ring usually is the channel send and the tip is the return. Inserting a TRS jack all the way activates a switch which breaks the channel audio continuity so you can send the audio channel to an external audio processor and back again into the same channel without any complicated routing. By inserting a TS jack only up to the first 'click' so that it engages only the 'ring' (send), you avoid breaking the signal path and can now send audio out the channel insert and through the mixer channel simultaneously. This is similar in principle to using a signal splitter.

hth,
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »
guys thanks for all the help:) though i think i was confused... coz remember i was looking for a mixer with outputs for each and every channel? i just though that maybe it's a 8 channel pre amp that i was looking for?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
i just though that maybe it's a 8 channel pre amp that i was looking for?

The long and the short of it? Yes.

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »
i guess so..=/ do i still need an equalizer? or can cubase provide that for me?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 11:57:27 PM »

Yes.

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »
Inserts use TRS connections where the ring usually is the channel send and the tip is the return. Inserting a TRS jack all the way activates a switch which breaks the channel audio continuity so you can send the audio channel to an external audio processor and back again into the same channel without any complicated routing. By inserting a TS jack only up to the first 'click' so that it engages only the 'ring' (send), you avoid breaking the signal path and can now send audio out the channel insert and through the mixer channel simultaneously. This is similar in principle to using a signal splitter.

hth,
tnx tnx sir mod..
all the while im  looking for a mixer with direct outs,pede pla yung inserts.
i came across bout this before hnd lng ako sure kc kaya i  ignored it..

sir lahat ba ng mixer na may inserts old/new mixers e pede yun..
contact: 0905 5546913; ym: neil_squadron81<br />subzeroefx.multiply.com;neil_squadron08@yahoo.com<br />FS/FT :  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,137191.0.html

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »
pwede ko pa ba ma utilize yung pre amps ng mixer if i do this?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »

The inserts come after the preamps, so... yes. Same with direct outs. Remember, however that EQ, panning and aux sends often come AFTER the inserts and direct outs. (It sometimes pays to be able to understand the mixer's routing diagrams.)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »

The inserts come after the preamps, so... yes. Same with direct outs. Remember, however that EQ, panning and aux sends often come AFTER the inserts and direct outs. (It sometimes pays to be able to understand the mixer's routing diagrams.)

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
hmmm.. much thanks sir. i'll look it up:)

Offline bloodshedd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
It would be really nice if we could all just purchase a nice 8 channel preamp...
Nady makes a single rack space 8 channel mic preamp (which we dont have) If you can order one...

Mixers with individual direct outs are usually for the big-league so the inserts thing is a blessing... most mid-level mixers have individual inserts and the only downside is that the signal is unbalanced.
For JB MUSIC AND SPORTS' big discounts and 0% installment deals.... Check out https://www.facebook.com/JBMusicPh

Contact JB MUSIC ALABANG TOWN CENTER @ 809-1726 and 842-9545  Check out BADBURN @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Badburn/114672008558924?ref=

Offline killswitch

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »

just get a good pre, you can use the EQs on your DAW, better to rely on
that - for now, than to buy an outboard EQ which you would regret buying when you realize you could've saved for something which better suits your requirements/application. 

Offline Jazz_thunderbird

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
since i'd be using this set up to mic drums. i guess the Nady 8 channel pre amp, would be my best buy right? i think i'll stick to that. whatdya guys say?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
Try this: SMPro Audio PR8 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SMPro-Audio-PR8-8Channel-Mic-Preamp?sku=480830

It can do unbalanced at the output stage (probably uses a servo balancing circuit) so you don't have to do any special cabling for your 1010LT. I think there were Black Lion mods for this preamp.