hulika

Author Topic: And so you have a DOD pedal whose switch just faltered  (Read 1335 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
And so you have a DOD pedal whose switch just faltered
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:01:41 AM »
I have a DOD pedal that finally conked out on me. Well, conked out is too harsh a word since it's just the switch that failed. I can opt to get the replacement switch from the DOD website but I figured that this switch will soon give up anyway so why bother?

What do you suggest? I'm thinking of installing a 3PDT in the chassis, but I'm not quite sure if it would fit. I'm also thinking of just getting a heavy duty non latching spst switch to replace the tac switch inside.

Help!
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: And so you have a DOD pedal whose switch just faltered
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »
I have a DOD pedal that finally conked out on me. Well, conked out is too harsh a word since it's just the switch that failed. I can opt to get the replacement switch from the DOD website but I figured that this switch will soon give up anyway so why bother?

What do you suggest? I'm thinking of installing a 3PDT in the chassis, but I'm not quite sure if it would fit. I'm also thinking of just getting a heavy duty non latching spst switch to replace the tac switch inside.

Help!
Mejo makitid yung loob nyan for a heavy duty spst,what more kung 3PDT pa. IMO,tact switch is still the best option. Mura pa!

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:06:57 AM »
I'm in the same quandary right now with an old DOD FX75 flanger that I had revived. I'm leaning more towards re-housing it into a bigger box. Additional expense nga lang for the box, then additional labor pa for drilling new holes and finishing.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:14:55 AM »
I'm in the same quandary right now with an old DOD FX75 flanger that I had revived. I'm leaning more towards re-housing it into a bigger box. Additional expense nga lang for the box, then additional labor pa for drilling new holes and finishing.
Sa tingin ko mas ok kung re-house,para may additional space pa. Pwede bang i-wire ng true bypass ang mga DOD?

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 03:19:44 AM »
Base sa DOD ko, yup, pwedeng i-true-bypass. Kailangan lang ma trace yung circuit to find the right route. Nga lang, yung FX75 ko stereo output kaya pinag-iisipan ko pa kung paano yun with gagawin with a 3PDT. Parang 4PDT ang kailangan.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:49 AM »
Yun din iniisip ko, but my skills aren't up it AFAIK. Can't trace buffer sections as of yet.

Kawayan_strat: Is there any place here in Manila where I can score these mini switches? Hassle kasi kung oorder pa, e pagkaliit-liit lang naman ng item. :)

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:10:14 AM »
Marco, DOD and Boss uses "normally open" swiches. It works like this the switches has 2 poles. Let's say you remove the switch, you are left with 2 lines. When you tap the lines together it switches on. Tap the lines again it switches off. Now a 3pdt switch will not work directly as a bolt on solder, you may need to rewire. And of course a bigger casing will be needed.

Normally open switches are available at Alexan. They may not look identical with your DOD switch but it will work. Price is just 17 petot!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »
Those Tac switches are locally available. Mang Raul replaced a couple of those at my shop.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 01:22:46 PM »
Yun din iniisip ko, but my skills aren't up it AFAIK. Can't trace buffer sections as of yet.

Kawayan_strat: Is there any place here in Manila where I can score these mini switches? Hassle kasi kung oorder pa, e pagkaliit-liit lang naman ng item. :)
Pare sa deeco or alexan meron niyan. Just remove the switch and show it to them. Nung nasira mga switch ng RP7 ko dati,sa deeco ako nakakuha.13 bucks lang each.

Offline qwi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »
sa Deeco Farmers Cubao meron tact switch.

for sale jim dunlop univibe & Epi chet atkins
also available PIO caps 22nf & 47nf @150pesos

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »
Off to Deeco! :D