hulika

Author Topic: Re: "MGA GITARISTA' the album  (Read 1954 times)

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
Re: "MGA GITARISTA' the album
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
PRESS RELEASE - “MGA GITARISTA” ALBUM LAUNCH
For immediate release on or before April 3

TOP GUITARISTS LAUNCHES A COMPILATION ALBUM AT TIENDESITAS

Top guitarists play lead attractions in a CD compilation celebrating the talents of Filipino guitar idols called “Mga Gitarista,” featuring 14 instrumental tracks written, performed and recorded by respected and notable guitarists in the local scene. The album’s guitar gang comprises of musicians who are part of groups that earned fame during this decades local band surge led by Francis Reyes of The Dawn, Mike Elgar of Rivermaya, Mong Alcaraz of Sandwich and Chicosci, Hale’s Roll Martinez, Rocksteddy’s Juven Pelingon, Slapshocks’ Lean Ansing, Pupil’s Yan Yuzon.  Others in the gang are Jeff de Castro, currently playing for the Kitchie Nadal, Ian Umali of POT and Jack Rufo of Neocolors fame.  They are also joined in by legendary riff masters RJ Jacinto, Jun Lopito and Noli Aurillo. The other big Filipina lady rocker Barbie Almalbis represents the opposite gender with her piece called “Shapes Of Things” which proves that guitar playing is not exclusively a guy thing.
This various artists package is expected to attract guitar enthusiasts and rock fanatics alike. It offers more than entertainment as it also acts as an audio tour de force, saluting the post of guitar players in bands and recordings in general. This album is a much-deserved indulgence of that vital cog in playing music.
“Mga Gitarista” will be launched on April 3, 8pm at Tiendesitas, Pasig City,  in cooperation with the home of new rock NU 107.  There will also be a special exhibit and guitar clinics as add-ons. A variety of guitars owned by featured artists themselves go on display while some vintage stuff will be up for grabs. Every purchased CD entitles a  buyer some free minutes guitar lesson with album’s lead stars.
“Mga Gitarista” is now available at your favorite record stores under 12 Stone Records distributed by Able Music.[/center][/color][/font]

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »
ohhh. sayang wala yung gitarista ng RASP. galing din nun

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

from francis reyes' blog:

http://watdat.multiply.com/photos/album/45/video_shoot_for_The_Cutout_Horizon_from_the_album_Mga_Gitarista

my piece has no melody, just clean guitars twirling around each other, and i really don't know if people will like it. Mike's and Jack's pieces will turn people's heads and i know guitar fanatics will drool over them. Ian Umali's piece is funky and jazzy, and Barbie will surprise people with her bluesy stuff. mine just... meanders along til the guitar solo. i didn't even want a guitar solo in there, but okay, its a guitarists compilation. i couldn't even mime my own solo properly... i just improvised and forgot about it. hoo boy... playing it live will be... oh no.

no, i'm not leaving The Dawn!

Offline Bel Sayson

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 03:20:56 PM »
i honestly hope that this would be good. the previous local guitar compilation i bought were either exercises or lacks compositional integrity. if i want mere exercises, i would rather get steve vai's 8-hour workout or what have you. if i want compositions, i'd rather get cds of mike stern, michael hedges, or even satriani. a local compilation should appeal to the exceptional unrecognized guitar talents of the local industry, thereby offering something unique to us filipinos.

the talent list is incredible. again, i hope that it delivers...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:22:13 PM by Bel Sayson »

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
Yeah,i mentioned this on the Ian Umali thread. Mally(Paraguya/POT) metioned this to me nung nasa kanila ako nung good friday.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:39:30 PM »
I've been waiting for this to come out! First time I heard Lean Ansing's Space Jungle was in Nu, around a month ago. Akala ko released na yung album. Di pa pala. Haha.

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »
ilang beses din ako nagtanong sa mga record bars pero wala silang idea kung ano tong album na to. mamya pa pala launching. :-D
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 03:19:27 AM »
i honestly hope that this would be good. the previous local guitar compilation i bought were either exercises or lacks compositional integrity. if i want mere exercises, i would rather get steve vai's 8-hour workout or what have you. if i want compositions, i'd rather get cds of mike stern, michael hedges, or even satriani. a local compilation should appeal to the exceptional unrecognized guitar talents of the local industry, thereby offering something unique to us filipinos.

the talent list is incredible. again, i hope that it delivers...

i know this album will be good.i've heard ian umali's piece while listening on NU107 the other day and......WOW!one hell of a track!
i think i'll buy the album when it hits the record stand!
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline obelix

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »
mamayang 6pm ang album launch sa tiendesitas... they're dubbing it as a "guitar festival" in NU, ano kaya ang meron duon?

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 11:18:56 AM »

so he was just noodling then?

maybe.. maybe not.. i'll attend the album launching later to find out.

bluesy daw yung take ni Barbie.. can't wait to hear it.

Offline euphoria

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »
sir may entrance fee ba yan? andun ba si mong mamaya?!

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 12:29:53 PM »
Jack Rufo!!!!! Whoooo! Sigurado lupit nun!

Offline sponkel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
I've heard Francis' track (on NU) and if that was noodling, well I might just have to shoot myself in the head.

Mike Elgar's was awesome

Curious as to how the Hale guitar dude's track sounds.

will buy this as soon as it comes out.
Visit the Phantom Mime on soundclick!www.soundlick.com/PhantomMime

LOOKING FOR ROCK GUITARIST LP AREA click here for more info

Offline Bel Sayson

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »
I received an anonymous text regarding this launch @ tiendesitas. I'll try to drop by before going to 6Underground.  :-)

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »
yeah!punta rin ako :-D!
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....